My Proposal to Crown a True BCS Champion

Mets82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
conn.
Now I know lots of people have had this type of argument for years on end about how the BCS should be abolished and how there should be a playoff. Well, I think I came up with a way to fix all of that or least try to. This solution might sound stupid, I figure its better than nothing, so here I go.

I would have the Fiesta, Orange, Sugar and Rose Bowl games on Jan. 1 and then I would have the winners play in another bowl game. What I would do is put the Fiesta, Orange, Sugar and Rose Bowl names in a hat and go from there. For ex., if Orange and Sugar came out, then the winners of the Orange and Sugar Bowls would play the following week, as well as the Fiesta and Rose Bowl winners would play as well by process of elimination the following week. The winners of those two games play the following week for the National Championship. So it would be:

Orange Bowl winner vs. Sugar Bowl winner-Jan.8
Fiesta Bowl winner vs. Rose Bowl winner-Jan. 8

Then the two winners of those games play for the National Championship on Jan. 15.

So what do you guys think? Its a solution, right? Might not be the best solution but its something.

you mean......like uh.........I dont know........ A PLAYOFF?

Hasnt this been beat to death already? the NC$$ wont let that happen in D1. Yes they have PLAYOFFS in the other levels (I-AA, II, III, NAIA) and they work fabulous.

I know it sounds hard to comprehend but a simple playoff. 12 teams. Top 4 teams get byes. The rest play and you go from there

........and 44 fricking days between bams's last game to the championship. Please fix this!!!!

And no way that model will work in this economy. People pay way too much for one game. Can you imagine several games in a row using the bowls??

Last edited:
Would be easier to just declare the winner of the SEC CG the National Champion. Because well for more then half a decade that has been the case ;)

The Insider said:
Would be easier to just declare the winner of the SEC CG the National Champion. Because well for more then half a decade that has been the case ;)

You didn't say that out loud did you?:)

you mean......like uh.........I dont know........ A PLAYOFF?

Hasnt this been beat to death already? the NC$$ wont let that happen in D1. Yes they have PLAYOFFS in the other levels (I-AA, II, III, NAIA) and they work fabulous.

I know it sounds hard to comprehend but a simple playoff. 12 teams. Top 4 teams get byes. The rest play and you go from there

........and 44 fricking days between bams's last game to the championship. Please fix this!!!!

And no way that model will work in this economy. People pay way too much for one game. Can you imagine several games in a row using the bowls??

Iceberg and Tigerfan, thats what I was saying. I mean every year its the same argument "We need a playoff", "National Championship game isnt the 2 best teams" etc. I was trying to make a solution so we would stop hearing it. Iceberg, like you said, if theres a Division 2 and 3 playoff, why cant there be one in Division 1? Tigerfan, I understand the economy issue, believe me. But when it comes to the NCAA to make even more money, they'll do it. Look at all the bowl games in general. All the bowl games have corporate sponsors. Not only that, they added the BCS Title Game, when in essence, the 4 major bowls in the BCS, was suppose to settle the issue of a National Champion.

Wouldn't have been 44 days if they would have won their devision and played in the conference championship game but that is a whole different issue.

I do know what you mean though. ;)

The Insider said:

Now I know why it's been so warm around here. It's all the HOT air coming out of the sec. :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Why not just put all SEC teams in a hat at the beginning of the season and pick out a champion and then they don't even have to play the season. ;)

Did they listen to my proposal based on this link? BCS adjustment coming, but to what degree?

My guess is that the only change will be the new Bama rule. They will make a addition that you have to win or tie your conference in order to make it to the NCG. I hope I am wrong and they just put in a plus 1 but from reading why others voted against the plus 1 last time I doubt it will happen again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)