My quest to get DLNA working on the Hopper...

I tried serviio and no files would show up on the Hopper. i tried every option and setting, nothing. So far I have tried Medialink, Playback, PS3 server, TVmobili, and isedora, and none have worked fully. Some better than others, but none will stream M4a music files from iTunes despite claiming to do a transcode to mp3.

My DLNA has worked. It also has stopped working and i'm unable to see my pc. After rebooting I was able to seemy pc. he firstr time I went into the app i just saw my DEll XPS. The next time I saw aadded to it the server from Microsoft ( my named pc) finally going out and back in I get the Tversity media server. I remember this happening before. It worked for awhile and finally stopped. I was unable ever to see the servers again until I rebooted the Hooper and I only did that by mistake.

Yeah. I set my HIC up at the Joey because the wiring was simpler. (I have wi-fi ethernet bridges at both locations.)

Same here. HIC install took all of 5 minutes.

All 4 DLNA servers in my house showed up at all locations where with the previous direct connect to Hopper did nothing. Been playing around with it tonight and it seems to work just fine for PlayOn and Windows 7 server instances.

What's puzzling me, much more than why they decided to only make it work with the HIC initially, is why it sometimes works with other network interfaces. To me, it sounds like there's some kind of race condition in the network stack, resulting in the system discovering network interfaces in a different order every time it boots. That does NOT inspire confidence in ANY of Dish's coding abilities!

Mine is still working fine this morning. But, I'm only using it for standard Windows 7 media streaming.
Can you explain how you are doing Windows 7 media streaming? I have my content set to stream in my homegroup settings, but none of my receivers are able to see my PC.

DLNA is working on the hopper but not on the joey. Joey network setup shows "failed" with ip address of 169.x.x.x and no broadband connection. Is this correct? I only have coax connected to the Joey. Do i need to connect anything else for network connection to work in Joey?

For those with HIC and 'working DLNA' how do we get a hold of HICs?
It seems Dish is reluctant to provide one to customers directly. I suppose I could call my installer. Any recommendation?

hdaddikt said:
For those with HIC and 'working DLNA' how do we get a hold of HICs?
It seems Dish is reluctant to provide one to customers directly. I suppose I could call my installer. Any recommendation?

If you want to pay for it, you can go to "my account" and order it from the Dish store. I think it's like $25.

I use Windows 7 Media Player to stream to a few different players with no problems. The Hopper however never shows up in the list of devices in Media Player Streamer, is their a top secret way to get it to work.

Also something else I noticed. The MAC adress the hopper gives you is actually different then the MAC adress that my router shows. Figured this out when trying to set me router to give the hopper a specific IP address based on the MAC address in the Hopper menu, well it doesn't work. I had to use the MAC address that the Router was showing for the Hopper.

I use Windows 7 Media Player to stream to a few different players with no problems. The Hopper however never shows up in the list of devices in Media Player Streamer, is their a top secret way to get it to work.

Also something else I noticed. The MAC adress the hopper gives you is actually different then the MAC adress that my router shows. Figured this out when trying to set me router to give the hopper a specific IP address based on the MAC address in the Hopper menu, well it doesn't work. I had to use the MAC address that the Router was showing for the Hopper.
The Hopper has different MAC address depending on whether it is connected to your LAN directly via its ethernet port, or via Moca thru the HIC.

The Hopper has different MAC address depending on whether it is connected to your LAN directly via its ethernet port, or via Moca thru the HIC.

Yes their is a different one for the Moca yes. I was using the one that show on the Broad ban screen where it shows your IP, DNS ect, this should be the one used for Ethernet. I am guessing something is wrong with the program and showing the wrong MAC. I have no HIC

I noticed that their are two ethernet ports one the back, any one know why? Wonder if the MAC address it shows is for the other port.

I can get dnla working with my windows 7 machine using Windows Media PLayer. Go to the network setup menu and force the network to reset. After it comes back with an ip address and it shows green, try to go and start the client. It worked for me. There's a caveat, it screws up how the remote works with the tv and I had to restart the hopper. After restarting the hopper, dnla was again gone!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)