My r-15 woes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishnetisforme

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
California
I called Directv last week to rder a r-15 from them.The guy assured me at Directv that i would receive a r-15.The guy comes out today with a Tivo!I call Directv and they tell me now there is no way to specificaly get a r-15!Why lie then?I am so very upset!I cant order one online or I would.

lee78221 said:
Value Electronics
FTW!

Seriously, just avoid DirecTV direct and go through Robert at VE, great service and support. I personally will never order a piece of DirecTV hardware from anyone else.

Or go to Best buy or Circuit City. They had the R15 stacked there. Got one myself today to replace my last standard receiver in my house.

Glad you got what you wanted.

I had issues when I activated my R-15. The issue wa swith the rep, they didn't activate the DVR service. Had to call back. Then they got it to work, but then my 2 Tivo's would not work. Again, another call. Finally after 30 minutes and a Tier 2 tech, they got both the R-15 and Tivo's to play nice together.

Same thing happened to me whwn I activatred my r-15.The rep didnt activate the dvr service either! I spent 20 minutes on the phone total but works great now.

yep same thing happened to me with the rep she didnt activate the dvr part either so took 20 mins more and she still couldnt get it to work so she transfered me over to tech help and had it working within a few mins, so far it has been flawless with no bugs to report, just got it sunday from best buy, with a 100 rebate

jamielee said:
I currently have 2 SD Tivos and 1 HD Tivo. If I add a R15 will my DVR fee go up to $5.99 or am I going to be able to keep the $4.99 fee?
Mine went up to $5.99 when I activated my R15 recently. I had 2 SD Tivio's prior and the $4.99 charge.

jamielee said:
I currently have 2 SD Tivos and 1 HD Tivo. If I add a R15 will my DVR fee go up to $5.99 or am I going to be able to keep the $4.99 fee?

Depends on which CSR you get. Some pay 4.99, some 5.99. A few have been charged 10.98 (that can be fixed if you call back).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)