My receiver likes to power off with the DP34 and DP21 setup.

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
YES I KNOW I MESSED UP THE TITLE, BUT I CAN"t FIX IT!!!

I woke up this morning to a receiver that would not power on. I discoed the sat in, unplugged it from the elec, plugged it back in, disconnected the cable from the dish, then it powered off again.

I tried connecting and reconnecting the ground from outisde, but that didn't help.

I checked alternate, ran check switch and it started working again.

I went to a DVR event, came back and no signal! Then, the receiver powered itself off.

I discoed the DP21 and now it's working.

Do I have a bad 501? or do I just need to do something simple like check or uncheck alternate or superdish?
Thanks

It sounds to me like your 501 might be on its way out... possibly the power supply in the 501 is now too weak to drive the DP34 and the DP21 together. Or could be something wrong in the DP21.

miguelaqui said:
... I discoed the sat in, ...
... I discoed the DP21 and now it's working...
I like the imagery these two statements invoke for me. :)
It's cool that after doing some funky dance moves with the DP21 it started working. :p

I have a 501 on the way! I called and spoke with an individual who had no idea what was going on, then to ATR. ATR was very nice about setting up the return!!!!

The first guy did not believe that, if a customer has CCA, they do not have to pay for shipping.

Just a thought. The cable is spliced 3 time before it hits the DP21, wall plate, ground block and one random splice.

All of the barrel connectors are the Stirling 3 Ghz type. Connectors are PPC compression type.

Is it possible the voltage for running all that is not OK because of the splices?

Would running a cable without splices help. I only have Perfect Vision right now, made in China, not UL. Not sure if that would be better than Commscope with splices.

I'd wait for the rcvr to come since it already is. Glad you found out what CSR Roulette means..

If the rcvr does not fix it, then I'd try a new DP21. You've got to try your free options first.

I replaced the cable, I had 40 feet of Vextra, swept to 3000MHz, the stuff I had was from the 80's, but it still was good RG6.

Made no difference.

I tried connecting the 61.5 and 119 together with the DP21 and it has been working for several hours. Does this mean that the DP21 is more than likely not bad? Could the DP21 be pulling too much power from the receiver?

Since this is obviously an issue of the receiver's not putting out enough to power the DP21 and the DP34 together......Would it help to get a DP adaptor? I currently only have one receiver.

I was thinking, if I were to plug the adaptor into port 2 of the DP34, it might not pull so much power from the 501. Am I correct?

I've have found out that the 501 simply does not like having 4 sats!

I changed the configuration around several times. If I put 2 sats on the DP34 and one on the DP21, it works. As soon as I connect the forth, it powers off.

Does this sound like the receiver is bad, when it works fine with 3 sats, but not 4?

Is one receiver supposed to have enough power to send out to the DP21 and DP34? Is this the reason why the DPP44 has the power supply?

Got my replacement receiver. It would not power the 4 sat location either. The old one would work for a while. The new one just read one sat.!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts