My Recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

redelephants

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Panhandle Florida
Why are the folders I created not listed in my recordings when folders by title is selected? It kinda defeats the purpose of creating folders if they don't show up when sorting folders by title but instead all of the contents of folder show up as individual tiles.

Folders by title will break apart custom folders and show each different program grouped together based on the title of the program. If you would like to display the folders you have created, you would need to select My Folders from the drop-down instead.

Right. You need to have it in the My Folders view. Any other programming that is not part of the custom folders you've created should still display programs in their title folder. I think what you want is when you set your view to My Folders. It is good that Folders by Title does NOT use your custom folders because this allows for a view should one need to have the recordings in the Title folder for ease of access, finding a particular program that would otherwise not be there and for editing purposes.

The problem with grouping by "My Folders" is that it doesn't group the other programs, instead shows individual programs, which makes it difficult to find the correct program.

Yeah I'm not sure what Dish is attempting with the Hoppers, but the way the 722s handled folders was perfect IMHO. It seems like the Hopper way unnecessarily complicates things. Also they need to re-add the ability to edit the title of shows.

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

The problem with grouping by "My Folders" is that it doesn't group the other programs, instead shows individual programs, which makes it difficult to find the correct program.

Yeah I'm not sure what Dish is attempting with the Hoppers, but the way the 722s handled folders was perfect IMHO. It seems like the Hopper way unnecessarily complicates things. Also they need to re-add the ability to edit the title of shows.

Agree 100%! So far this is my only disappointment w/ the Hopper. :(

At the very least, I'd be satisfied if they revised it such that shows you had set to go to a specific folder, didn't show up in the main "Folders by Title" screen. (i.e. the only time you'd see recordings placed in a specific folder was once you switched to "My Folders" and went inside that specific folder)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)