Status
Please reply by conversation.

madpoet

Too Much Hi Def!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 3, 2004
Vernon, CT
Somewhat amusing story with a mildly happy ending. I ordered a second HR10-250 from VE (thanks Robert!) and it arrived yesterday. So I removed my old R10, hooked it all up, and called D*. The customer service rep was... technically deficient. I told him I wanted to take 2 receivers off my account (I had an old D10 to remove also) and to add a new one. He says ok, sure. I give him the numbers, he takes the old receivers off, and tries to add the new one. He can't get it to work. Meanwhile I hear my wife yell from downstairs "The receiver just shut off down here and says we have no service!"

So I tell the guy this and he gets all flustered. He says he'll transfer me to tech support, I hear a quick beep, and I'm disconnected. So now I'm pretty pissed. This idiot not only screwed up adding mey new box, he killed my working box as well! So I call up and go to tech suport this time. To my surprise I got a very funny, very knowledgeable tech. She apologized, took all the information, and got my original receiver reactivated. She figured out why the other one wouldn't activate (it was because the first idiot had cancelled ALL my service) and got it working. She was polite, cracked some jokes during the wait periods, and made sure everything was correct again on both receivers before hanging up with me. All in all I was happy, even if I had just spent 2 hours on the phone with Direct reps. I got off the phone thinking kudos to her for doing it right.

I checked my acocunt this morning to make sure my billing was all correct and immediately noticed something... she didn't change my agreement to the 2 year committment required now by D*! So not only did I get a great new price on the hardware, I didn't have any extra time comittment for it. Now I REALLY like her ;)

-MP

I just activated a HR10-250 and didn't get the 2 year either....i am not sure that we have that policy correct.

as an aside

I added an HD DTV rcvr and was supposed to have a 1yr commitment. We were talking/joking/flirting as she setup my account. The 1yr commitment seems to have been forgotten

Thanks DTV!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts