My SD looks worse with new 811

Petemc11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
How does yours look?I'm using the same input for SD with the same cables.Looks like the upconversion is making it look more compressed.Less detail,and the overall darker video issue.Is this correctable in a future software update?

Garbage in garbage out... I do not have an 811 but I have two 6000. I use the 6000 to watch HD only. The 721, 311, & 501 do a better job (in my opinion) with the SD channels.

Petemc11 said:
How does yours look?I'm using the same input for SD with the same cables.Looks like the upconversion is making it look more compressed.Less detail,and the overall darker video issue.Is this correctable in a future software update?

Same here, it almost looks like a video being watched over the internet, it stinks.

acousticbiker said:
Please be more specific: are you guys using DVI, component, S-video or composite?

Component, the same wiring that I was using on my Dish 6000 without any problems.

I'm using S video and DVI-D. DVI-D looks slightly better then S video but my 2800 receiver looked better in sd on s video then the 811 looks on DVI.

Boy... I am on the fence on moving from a 6000 to an 811 and these comments make me a little more on the fence. I would hate to go a step down on SD PQ with the 811.

are u sure the picture isnt worse on the SD channels because you have it zoom'd in? If I had the correct aspect ratio's I think it would be the same... But until we get all the aspect ratio's (which is very strange my 510 has more ratio's then the 811) I think it will be the same