My Switch From Charter Member to Lease Phone Call

RickCathey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2003
My wife told me that Voom called earlier today to confirm my choice of packages. I called them back after I got home from work. After about a 15 min. wait on hold a CR answered. Told him I wanted to change to the lease program and that I was an original charter member. I told him I wanted Va Va Voom and Playboy. Don't know if this was his first change to lease or not but he put me on hold about 4 times before he confirmed what I wanted. After reading the posts here about others who have switched here is what I find as weird.

1) He said the credit I had on my account would be sent by CHECK in 4-6 weeks. I didn't ask him what he meant by "credit" as the only credit I had on my VOOM account was the $300 that Voom had given all us originals. A few others stated here that VOOM was going to credit their credit card the system was bought on.

2) He then told me what my monthly bill would be and that was it. I thought I read that the lease required a credit card autopay instead of a paper bill. Maybe they planned on using the one I bought the system on. Again stupid me didn't ask him..

I hope this doesn't turn into a big fiasco, especially waiting on the check for the "credit"..(I can hear it now "we sent it....it must have gotten lost in the mail")

Anybody else that has switched to the lease been told their refund would be via a check?

Rick

Did they say they had to deinstall then reinstall. I know corporate was trying to correct the bureaucracy on that. Hope they did. A truck role for no good reason helps no one, including their bottom line.

just a b illing change--i changed over it was painless(so far) since i am getting the works(va va +playboy) it pays to get back the almost $$800 back--and no sweat to me if they change hardware in the future.i'll pay for more sets and mirroring whatever..but the $800 back and service calls like cable (free)if needed sounds good to me

rudolpht said:
Did they say they had to deinstall then reinstall. I know corporate was trying to correct the bureaucracy on that. Hope they did. A truck role for no good reason helps no one, including their bottom line.

No deinstall was ever mentioned..

Just the change of my status in their system was made and am now good to go..

Rick

rang1995 said:
just a b illing change--i changed over it was painless(so far) since i am getting the works(va va +playboy) it pays to get back the almost $$800 back--and no sweat to me if they change hardware in the future.i'll pay for more sets and mirroring whatever..but the $800 back and service calls like cable (free)if needed sounds good to me

rang..

How did they say they would refund your money?..
I told the rep I wouldn't have minded them just crediting my VOOM account. That would give me almost 8 months of prepaid programming..

Rick

I was told that my money would be refunded to my Visa in next three weeks which should be about the 14th of april. I would call back and check where your refund will go.

I will be disputing it with my Visa if it is not refunded by the 3rd week of April. If they can charge me for my monthly then they can refund my money, no excuses. My right to dispute ends and I don't intend to wait.

Although if they would use it as credit for the next 4 months of service I would not complain, but they told me no on that one.

Personally I think they should not charge rental to anyone untill they get the boxes working. No offense to anyone and I know they are working hard to resolve problems. But this is a giant beta test so far. While the service was free I did not complain but if we have to pay then it needs to work right. The boxes are more unstable now than before. When they work they work nice. But after a week of not having problems after the initial download my box has now become very unstable and crashes continously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)