Call from V* about E*

Ty2083

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Tyler, TX
I just got a recorded call from Voom telling me that they have made arrangements with E* to switch service over to them and were telling me to call E* now to get some special offer. I left E* to go to Voom and am not going back. I have already made the switch to Cox Digital Cable in my area and I am quite satisfied with the PQ. They are running a full 19mps on HD and the full bandwidth on SD as they are receiving it from the source. So far I am quite impressed. HD is exceptionally good. Unfortunately they only have about 7 HD channels including 1 local, but I hear that is going to be increased soon.

I just wondered if anyone else is getting these calls. Since it was a recording, I couldn't ask any questions or verify the origination of the call. Caller ID just said "Out of Area".

i got it and called.....i thinkits just some install company that got vooms contact list. its a $1 install instead of the usual 49.00.

yeah it's probably a contact list. they are not transferring service to E*. Voom would call you to tell you that anyways...

I got the phone call too, not as a message but as a live recording, and then was transferred to a live agent who talked to me about switching to E*. What was interesting to me was that the caller - the recorded voice - said he was from Voom. Part of the statement was that I only had a week to switch, and I think along with that clearly recommending E*. They also said something about not only satellites but also programming being switched to E*.

Ty2083 said:
I just got a recorded call from Voom telling me that they have made arrangements with E* to switch service over to them and were telling me to call E* now to get some special offer. I left E* to go to Voom and am not going back. I have already made the switch to Cox Digital Cable in my area and I am quite satisfied with the PQ. They are running a full 19mps on HD and the full bandwidth on SD as they are receiving it from the source. So far I am quite impressed. HD is exceptionally good. Unfortunately they only have about 7 HD channels including 1 local, but I hear that is going to be increased soon.

I just wondered if anyone else is getting these calls. Since it was a recording, I couldn't ask any questions or verify the origination of the call. Caller ID just said "Out of Area".
I got a call from E* and was asked what kind of programming I like. I said I like HD. He said "oh you like HD, we have an HD pack. Whe can sign you up right away". I said you don't have an HD pack, you have a few channels. He said well we are working on increasing that. I said you have been doing that since I wasted my money on a 6000 receiver 3 years ago. He kept insisting that they had an HD pack. I finally said, I don't want you lousy HD pack I want VOOMs HD pack. He said well we have an HD pack also. I finally just hung up on the jerk, he didn't get it.

Right know I have 14 HD channels with cable with a dual tuner dvr for $14.95 including the HD pack. Can you match Charlie Ergen, the man that was going to lead the HD revolution. Oh that's right there is nothing worth viewing in HD other than what you have. How about Starz HD, Cinemax HD, TMC HD & UHD for starters....;-)

Is this the same sales pitch you guys got?

I received this message in my voicemail today from the "Voom Conversion Center" offering to "upgrade" me to Dish Network since Voom is shutting down. Not sure who exactly is behind it, but the 800# ends in 3474, which is, of course D-I-S-H.

I find this underhanded, misleading, and generally despicable.

Fat chance, Charlie. Been there, done that.

Attachments

• 001_dish voom call_wav.mp3
    343.1 KB · Views: 711
yes it's a dish network marketing offer. Must've got the customer list from voom.

Thanks for providing the actual message. some of you guys were playing the telephone game :)

thats kinda dirty imo if voom sold there customer list to Dish without giving us a heads up about it.

Nayl said:
thats kinda dirty imo if voom sold there customer list to Dish without giving us a heads up about it.

How is it any different than feeding us to the Dishstore and VE here on the forum????

Has anyone received the call who already subs to Dish and Voom? This is my case and no call.

The person on the call doesn't pretent to be a Voom employee, he only notes that he is with the Voom Conversion Center, which of course would lead some to believe that, ok yeah this person is from Voom. But there is no actual wrong doing in the call, underhanded yes... wrong no... I do wonder how this person got your number though...

vurbano said:
How is it any different than feeding us to the Dishstore and VE here on the forum????

VE and Dish Store are sponsors to a Free forum (You may be a supporter, but that was your choice)

VE and Dish Store are passive ads, This call violated my "Do not Call" order

VE and Dish Store are not using deception

Kentstater72 said:
VE and Dish Store are passive ads, This call violated my "Do not Call" order
There is a post on another forum that states that calls from Vendors you have relationships with do not fall under the "DNC" lists. The poster goes on the say that in addition there are many loopholes in the DNC. Perhaps you where a customer in the past, or they legitimately obtained Voom's customer list. :confused:

Just popping in to say, selling customer lists is pretty much standard practices in business today. Even non-profits do it when you donate to them. Unless a company has a specific statement saying they DON'T sell your information, then assume it's being sold.

Don't reckon I'll be getting an offers from Dish, since I never cancelled to begin with, but I AM pretty sore about them lying to me about VOOM for so long in the past.

TC_Lauderdale said:
There is a post on another forum that states that calls from Vendors you have relationships with do not fall under the "DNC" lists. The poster goes on the say that in addition there are many loopholes in the DNC. Perhaps you where a customer in the past, or they legitimately obtained Voom's customer list. :confused:

I have never been a D* or E* customer.
The only loophole I can possible imagine is that Voom sold the satellite to E*, therefore they feel that Voomers are their clients.

A very deferent story that what Charlie has said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts