Anyone waiting on a 942 straight from E*?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blue2noise

Original poster
May 6, 2005
Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for the last 6 months and finally registered.

I was a Voomer that called E* the day they announced switching the 10 channels from Voom. They gave me an install date that was May 14th. The CSR then told me that if the 942 (which gets shipped seperately right to my house) does not arrive by then, to call them and reschedule.

I was told there was no way to track and see if the 942 shipped and that I just have to wait and see if it arrives because it is "very popular".

Am I being pananoid that this thing will not show up on time and that I will have to wait weeks before I get HD back up and running? Anyone else encounter this?

Rob

I'm in the same boat. My issue isn't so much wondering if the box will arrive but rather if I do have to reschedule there are very few dates/times that I could be available for an install. It might have to wait until the end of May! I'm optimistic that it will arrive, but in the meantime I have cable.

I had the latter installed before I knew that Dish was going to be picking up Voom channels.

CDH.

I am having an install done by a private installer, same guy that did my original VoOm install. He has informed me that although I am on the top of his list for installs, I have been waiting over a week because he is waiting on a 942 for me. He says they are in short supply right now.

I ordered my 942 straight from Dish on their internet self order page. My install is today. The 942 showed up yesterday. The installer called to confirm the 942 shipment about 1 hour after my wife signed for it.

I hooked up the 942 to my existing Voom dish (61.5) and was watching the HD demo channel last night. Nice fish. I was hoping to get the OTA working, but the box needs to be activated before the OTA tuner will work.

Same boat here. I scheduled my install on about April 27th or 28th, and am scheduled to be installed on May 10th. Haven't yet received the 942. I hope it comes by UPS today, or by the latest on Monday! Would hate to have to re-schedule the install.

I'm scheduled for 5/10 and my 942 just came a few minutes ago! I have a voom dish and an old Dish dish so I'm tempted to see what I can do, but I guess I should wait. :-/

/Sean

blue2noise said:
Hello everyone. I've been lurking here for the last 6 months and finally registered.

I was a Voomer that called E* the day they announced switching the 10 channels from Voom. They gave me an install date that was May 14th. The CSR then told me that if the 942 (which gets shipped seperately right to my house) does not arrive by then, to call them and reschedule.

I was told there was no way to track and see if the 942 shipped and that I just have to wait and see if it arrives because it is "very popular".

Am I being pananoid that this thing will not show up on time and that I will have to wait weeks before I get HD back up and running? Anyone else encounter this?

Rob
Mine came UPS blue Saturday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts