E* and V* approached the FCC about the sale

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen I file applications with the FCC almost daily and have been doing this for the past 15 years. I know the system.

An application is NOT accepted for filing until the FCC says it has been accepted. To a person that doesn't deal with the FCC all the time it would appear that when the FCC receives an application and any fees that the application has been accepted for filing. This application has been filed and the fee paid, but it has not been Accepted For Filing, the application has been RECEIVED.

RECEIVED---The FCC acknowledges it has received the application and any filing fees.
This is where this application is at, no matter how much you want to argue you are wrong. If this application as been accepted it would have already have a date. That is how it works.

ACCEPTED FOR FILING---The FCC has initially reviewed the application for major problems and have determined the application can be filed, if not it is DISMISSED. The application is then open for public comment.

GRANTED--The FCC has reviewed the application and public comment and decided to grant the application

DISSMISSED--The FCC has reviewed the application and public comment and decided the application has major problems and must be corrected.

DENIED--The FCC has reviewed the application and public comment and decided to deny the application. The applicant will have to start the process over again with a new application if the applicant wishes to persue the issue again.

You no absolutely nothing about how the FCC works, you think you do, but you don't. When was the last time you filed something with the FCC? Of course we will never know because you hide any information of your true identity. Want to see some of my FCC filings, I'll be more than happy to share them.

Bryant27...You won't get an arguement from me. I could see from your earlier posts that you and expertise in these matters far beyond a general interest.

bryan27 said:
You no absolutely nothing about how the FCC works, you think you do, but you don't. When was the last time you filed something with the FCC?
Actually, I prepared a license to cover application on Saturday afternoon. I've been involved in a few dozen license and application filings over the past year. It's not my main job, but I step in when needed.

Just because you present what appears to be a "real name" doesn't make you an expert. And I'd be willing to bet all of your experiences were with the Media Bureau - not the International Bureau.

Accept it - the FCC has accepted it - and filed it. :D
It didn't say "Received - payment accepted" or any of the catagories you offered. It says FILED.

JL :cool:

My experience is in both the Media Bureau and the International Bureau. I have been a party to many FCC hearings, recently I appeared at the FCC at their request specifically for my expertise in several issues. And you know what I'm not afraid to use my real name. Just for you I'm going to change my user name, and I'm not going to argue with you any more.

Mod Edit

The bottom line is that E* has filed the paperwork needed to complete the sale, and that paperwork was filed some weeks ago (despite others claiming it had not been filed). It is in the door and ready for the FCC to take further action.

JL

Justalurker shows he has no working knowledge of the FCC. It is not formally accepted accecepted for consideration "only" until it is assigned a docket number. Just like any other court case in any court. All the kings horses and all the kings men won't make Justaluker correct. It is what he thinks happened or what will happen. And I do believe it will happen...but it FCC time. Bryant....is real and works regularly with both bureaus. He knows how the split hairs with the best and until you see a docket number assigned... it might as well be under the urinal.

How is this, in any way, an informed forum when those who have absolutely no interest, other than to subvert, argue and chastise those who have legitimate concerns?

I got to tell you Bradley, from what I have seen in other forums, this is the most intellectually honest group.

Despite the trolling, despite the elitist condescension.

This is far and away the best place for Voom information and a touch of entertainment.

You can leave the other forums UTU.

bradley said:
How is this, in any way, an informed forum when those who have absolutely no interest, other than to subvert, argue and chastise those who have legitimate concerns?
I agree. I have a legitimate concern with this issue. Echostar is buying some assets from Cablevision and I'm really happy to see the process progressing. The fact that these assets are key to the ability of Voom to stay on the air is secondary, but I do find it of interest and a legitimate concern to see how the company will survive without it's DBS platform and licenses.

If Voom can pull it off it opens the door for other subscription satellite providers to enter the market on ku FSS ... perhaps broadcasting their own specialty channels. And survival and expansion of the small dish home satellite industry is something I am concerned with.

JL

I don't need to recite my resume in broadcsting to you so I won't. Bradly is the REAl THING. And; you are right. I am not an authority on you nor are you an authority on Echostar, Cablevision or VOOM issues. Ouside of our own opinion and guesses...non of us are expert on any of them. Your opinions are your opinions and I respect that..I do have a problem with presenting them as fact. I also think form time to time you have made some insightful opinions and I have posted my agreement.

Check YOUR sources and post facts.

gutter said:
I don't need to recite my resume in broadcsting to you so I won't. Bradly is the REAl THING. And; you are right. I am not an authority on you nor are you an authority on Echostar, Cablevision or VOOM issues. Ouside of our own opinion and guesses...non of us are expert on any of them. Your opinions are your opinions and I respect that..I do have a problem with presenting them as fact. I also think form time to time you have made some insightful opinions and I have posted my agreement.

Check YOUR sources and post facts.
The worse your spelling gets the more emotional the tirade. Personal attacks again?

The topic is the FCC filing. Let's get back to it.

JL

justalurker said:
(snip)...Personal attacks again?JL
Well, at least that's an area where you have verifiable expertise, even though much of the evidence has been removed. :)

Is there some problem with someone asking you to just post the facts? :confused: The train wreck you're looking for may or may not occur, but your circling the air isn't going to make it happen. :no Vicki

Vicki said:
The train wreck you're looking for may or may not occur, but your circling the air isn't going to make it happen. :no Vicki[/QUOT

Vicki...he right about one thing. and one thing only. I am a lousy typest. Have got to learn to use fingers instead of toes. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)