my switch from dish to direct

trackside13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 16, 2007
After 8 years of ups and downs with dish i finally had enough. I posted a couple months ago about dish trying to steal my 3 211's-this was finally resolved last week after hours on the phone, rummaging through paypal to find reciepts, and god knows how many faxes. Im not even gonna start it makes me too mad-but here is what I see as differences between the two after having direct for 3 days.
receivers-dish has a better product here hands down
pq-very similar
channels-slight edge to direct
csr's-direct
As mad as I was at dish Id like to say how much better direct is but in my opinion not much difference between the two

I switched to Dish from DTV recently, and I'd pretty much agree with you on your points. The features of the VIP622 and 722 are worth the switch to me; the PIP and split screen are just something I use constantly and worth their weight in gold to me.

switched from DirecTV to dish earlier this year. Big mistake. Upon moving to a different state we called Dish to have the account placed on hold. Little did we know -the 'promotion' we signed up under doesn't allow the account to be placed on hold while we are living in temporary housing and unable to have satellite. So we must continue paying for programming even though we've moved. Plus when we called dish they lied -and informed me that we had told the customer service people we would call them when we wanted the service cut off. Two weeks before I had called them and given them the information as to when the phone service would be discontinued. As soon as we're settled in we'll be going back to DirecTV. they at least are willing to work with the customers.

switched from DirecTV to dish earlier this year. Big mistake. Upon moving to a different state we called Dish to have the account placed on hold. Little did we know -the 'promotion' we signed up under doesn't allow the account to be placed on hold while we are living in temporary housing and unable to have satellite. So we must continue paying for programming even though we've moved. Plus when we called dish they lied -and informed me that we had told the customer service people we would call them when we wanted the service cut off. Two weeks before I had called them and given them the information as to when the phone service would be discontinued. As soon as we're settled in we'll be going back to DirecTV. they at least are willing to work with the customers.

Direct no longer will place an account on hold either. I just had a customer that had me out for a service call to tell Direct that she was a NLOS. SHe had her account on hold for 6 months, went to put it on hold for another 6 months and they said they no longer do that.

DirecTV limits account holds to 1 period of at least 30 days, and no more than 6 months, per year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)