My SWM system completely lost all signals yday and has not found them

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cavemantrader

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
At some point during the day yday, my signal went to ZERO on all of my receivers. The electricity in my house did fail for a few minutes yday, so I don't know if this could have been a factor.

I unplugged all receivers, unplugged the SWM power, and then slowly tried to reconnect. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

At some point during the day yday, my signal went to ZERO on all of my receivers. The electricity in my house did fail for a few minutes yday, so I don't know if this could have been a factor.

I unplugged all receivers, unplugged the SWM power, and then slowly tried to reconnect. Still nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

check for any electrical multiswitch on your line.:eureka if you got one make sure the green light is on:eureka if not maybe your multiswitch got fried.:(

Be sure the green light is lit on the power inserter. Then reset each receiver.

Exact same thing happened to me! No power outage here. Was watching tv and all of a sudden screen went black. Zero signal on all sats, checked upstairs and same thing. Nothing changed outside or inside, tried replugging power inserter then plugging back in...nothing.

Obviously not just me facing this problem...anyone else?

Still down today!

I also noticed when i ran system test my tuner 1 shows 85% and tuner 2 shows 90%. Also lnb shows okay. Cavemantrader what do you get under system test?

Quick update cavemantrader...i forced receiver to take software update and it seems to have fixed the problem. You should try it.

Thanks guys,
the fix for mine was to unplug to power inserter for more than a minute, re-connect it, and then reset each receiver.

Thanks again for the help,
Dave

I have swm. When I do system test it shows tuner 1 85% tuner 2 90 %. When I look at all sats on individual transponders they are the same on both tuners.

Its probably because tuner one is tuned to a channel thats coming off a transponder with that signal strength... its not uncommon for one tuner to show a little different

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)