mystery of the loss internet connection

softpaws

Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
texas
Hello Everyone,
Am new here, I have a bit of a mystery on my hands that it seems no one can help me...I've recently been losing my internet connect (I have Time Warner). I am on line using my internet, playing a game, or watching youtube etc etc then i lose connection for a minute or so and it reconnects back.

Time Warner came out and changed the modem and ac adapter. It worked for a few weeks and it happened again.

I then go a new laptop cause my old on was 6 years old and i was having problems with updating the software. Thinking it was the old laptop that was probably knocking me out of interent service but much to my surprize it happened on my new laptop.

I called Time Warner again, they came out, checked the modem, was told it had a good signal, he changed the modem for a new one, along with the wire that connects the modem to the laptop, he also checked the wire outside and said there was a slight problem with it but he fixed it.

I started playing a game and it knocked me out of the game twice. I noticed on the modem that the "ready" light was flickering. I had lost connection again for a moment.

I am at the end of my rope. If Time Warner doesn't know what is the problem...has anyone ever had this problem. I have a new laptop and it shouldn't be the laptop that is giving me trouble, it has to be something with the connection to the internet, but if Time Warner keeps coming out and finding nothing wrong, then am speechless. Can anyone give me any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

I had something similar happen back when we dropped digital phone with Time Warner and just kept the internet service. After extensive searching around the 'net for a solution I found that the modem that is for the phone service doesn't work well if you don't actually have the phone service. I cannot even remember all the technical reasons now but I'm sure it's not that hard to find.

Of course their tech support was totally clueless, but when I convinced them it was the modem (I actually think they agreed to replace it just to humor me) they did send a tech to replace it. After that, never had the problem once.

Don't know if there is any chance that could be the issue in your case, but wanted to mention in as a possibility. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)