Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
Anyone have any opinions on Clint Eastwood's new film?

It came out on Wednesday and it has a star-studded cast including Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden, Laurence Fishburne and Laura Linney all of which have Oscar nominations.

I haven't heard much talk about it, but It seems to be recieving excellent reviews.

i was going to see it yesterday(mondays being my sundays at the moment), but didn't make it due to performing needed car repairs....

understand-both sean penn AND tim robbins POLITICALLY make my skin crawl these days...and i AM old enough to remember hanoi jane, BUT...

...that being said, both these gentlemen are possibly two of the most consistantly amazing actors working today-EVEN when they appear in tripe movies(i am sam, mission to mars), they tend to turn scripts that are dreck into something better-i really shouldn't have been THAT moved by the sacrifice of robbins' character in the mars film AND if you don't remember him being in howard the duck years ago, don't feel alone-most peoiple don't; one of the reasons being he actually acted "smaller" than his six foot four frame- i STILL believe a fellow under six feet starred in that film, tho i know better)...

with the addition of solid character performers kevin bacon, laurence fishburne, marcia gay harden, and laura linney, this film is on my must see list ion the next few weeks...

John Corn said:
Anyone have any opinions on Clint Eastwood's new film?

It came out on Wednesday and it has a star-studded cast including Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, Kevin Bacon, Marcia Gay Harden, Laurence Fishburne and Laura Linney all of which have Oscar nominations.

I haven't heard much talk about it, but It seems to be recieving excellent reviews.

I saw it and really enjoyed it a lot. Its an outstanding movie even if it is drawn out a bit longer then need be. Could have been finalized just the same with 30 minutes less of screentime but that is a minor concern. Clint Eastwood had some beautiful shots and approached the entire film with tremendous attention to detail. Go see it. Not a bad performance in the whole movie.

Same as Unthinkable. Slow movie, but incredibly well acted and I sort of picked up the ending early on.

Worth seeing if you appreciate production.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts