n00b HDTV Equipment Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Nealio

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2005
KY
Hi all, I currently have a Dish 500 with dual LNBs (pointing to 110 and 119) receiving the top 100 package.

I know this is a n00b question, I just got a nice HDTV and was wondering what it would take to get HDTV service from Dish. I know I have to use an HDTV receiver... but do I have to have a Super Dish that has another LNB that points to like 61.5? I'm wondering because a year or two ago when they installed my Dish 500 they mentioned something about how they thought some trees might be in the way if they were to put up a Super Dish.

Can someone please explain what all I would need?

Thanks!

You can either have a 1000.2 or the 500 where you have it now and get a second 500 for 61.5 or 129.

You could call E* and see what they would charge to upgrade you to the vip622 and install the new dish for you. If they want to put in a 1000.2, and you can do it yourself, Id leave the 500 on 119 and 110 and install a 500 on 61.5 or 129 myself, itll give you a better signal.

You need an HD receiver, a Dish1000.2 and a clear view of 110W, 119W and 129W.

If your trees are to the East, you should be fine. If you have trees to the West, I'd borrow a chainsaw. You may need to use two dishes if you can't do it with one.

I had to get another 500 to get 61.5. No charge. LOS due to tree on existing western 500 was why.

You can get HD from either 129 or 61.5 .

You can use a 2nd dish for either, or you can replace your Dish500 with a Dish1000.2 that gets 110, 119 and 129.

"SuperDish" is not used for HD.

The most popular HD receiver is the ViP622 HD DVR.

If you use the Dishin It Up promotion you can get a ViP622 for $150-$200 including the installation of the additional dish hardware (the price depends on how long you have been with Dish). There is also a $50 rebate on the ViP622 and there is also a $10 a month for 10 months rebate on the DishHD package (which costs $20 per month).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)