Nag2 Hack Lol

cable_guy59

Original poster
Mar 23, 2005
I have been reading the forums at (edited by Berg) other sites. I the hackers are in a panic. lol.!!!!! You guys should read should read some of the stuff. It's prett funny. They know that they are not going to beable to hack nag2.(awwwww poor theives) Now they can see what it's like to pay for it like normal hard working people do. But i am sure some scumbag hacker will hack it
someday if not already,and my rates will go up.Don't worry scumbag i will pay for you to watch free tv while i pay for it. You must need the money more then me......

Yeah...it will suck when they can't hack anymore......I think I'm going to cry

maybe not :)

I don't get why people need to get their jollies for stealing satelite. I had Dish Network for 4 years and cancelled it becasue there wasn't anything on it. I love my free to air (no not free to steal...some people get that confused) system.

Also...I am going to leave this open but if it turns into a flaming war or Hack talk, it will be closed.

I don't agree with the point; all the crying ppl are freeTVers, not hackers. They can not distinguish between FSS Ku LNBF and DBS LNBF and knows cards by color :). Ask them what the difference between SW44 and DPP44 ? ;)

If they figured it out then there is probably someone else up there that knows how and they will probably be very secretive in order to not get caught or for someone to figure out their secret.

Even if nobody knows how to do it now its just a matter of time just like everything else. It will be enough time for Dish/Nagra to figure out a new and improved secure card far more advanced than what we have now. I figure by that time we will all have new receivers and a new card before they even figure the Nagra2's out unless they delay the rollout of MPEG-4 to all customers or figure something else out.

Nothing will ever be 100 percent secure, there will always be some sort of loophole. Although security will be enhanced more and more it will just be more difficult. I don't think satellite piracy is as high as a lot of other things such as movies or music.

While I believe N2 will be compromised fairly shortly after dish shuts off the N1 stream, I believe the real challenge will be the new receivers. Most of the new ones have the smartcard embedded as a chip, which makes it hard to get physical access to modify.

If I were dish I would make sure the embedded smartcards were very hard to engineer/program. I mean, it might be possible to do with expensive surface mount solder stations and chip programmers, but average joe isnt going to have those. Onlly downside I see is the modified FTA boxes, not sure if anyone will make a mpeg4 version of one of those.

This is why I see the N2 technology as a waste of E* resources. The chip/receiver technology is always evolving, and thus if they put the smartcard $ into their receiver design department, I would think they'd have a lot more secure, and STABLE receivers. Just my 2 cents.

Those receivers without the embedded N2 smart cards would be the ones highly sought out if a new hack would emerge instead of the cardless receivers unless they figured out a way to have an N2 card to be placed into the receiver to overide it but dont see that happening since the cards are married to the receivers.

Yeah but i bet charlie saw an increase in subs when dtv switched to there new encryption method..Let's face it it will be hacked.. And if it is charlie might c another increase in subs..Let's face it most hackers probably also r a sub atleast to the min channels it's alot easier that way to get away with having a dish hanging from your house...lol... I know for a fact cause when i canceled my cable and went to dish my local cable company actual called dish to verify that i was a customer...And how do i know this cause i have a friend who works for the cable company and he told me that they actual tell there drivers that if they see new sat dishes on a house to report it to the main office

I bet it would blow your cable company's mind if you told them it was possible to point that satellite dish and get FREE programming... LEGALLY (fta) hehe.

So after the N1 stream is shut off and only the unhackable N2 is out there...I'd guess nobody will be stealing the signal anymore. Since we'll no longer need to pay extra $$ to compensate for the "pirates", how soon can I expect the monthly rate on my AEP to decrease? :D

You will not see the price decrease, thats a given, unless the competition starts lowering their price to compete, and I do not see that happening either. Saying that the pirates cause our prices to go up is just one excuse of many.

Look at dtv when they switched to the new card and stream there subs didn't see a decrease in there monthly bill

Well, I must admit I was being a bit sarcastic. Once prices go up...they seldom come back down. I have always believed that prices are market driven and that signal theft by whatever means (including account splitting) was never that much of a factor in determining prices. Of course, I would be willing to accept a price reduction if it happened. No doubt, there are two chances of that happening...slim and none. :)