Nagravision Cam

Phill

Original poster
Jul 12, 2014
Hi,

Sorry not sure where to post this.

I moved to the US recently from Europe and have my own DVB-S2 sat receiver with a CI. I also have an official nagravision (Gemplus) cam which has a receiver (box code) printed on the cam itself so it can be paired.

I'm just curious if either Dish or Direct TV will allow me to pair their smart card with my cam. Since I already have the equipment, I don't want to have to buy/rent a receiver from them if mine will work.

I'm not trying to doing anything dodgy. Just want to use it in my existing Technomate ( TM-5502 HD CI+) receiver, I understand some providers might not like the idea, so before I waste my time asking a rep I thought I'd ask the folks here.

Thanks

Phill

Nope. Sorry

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Unlike much of Europe the providers here require the use of their STB/IRD. Nagra and Dish won't authorize any CAM or STB here except their own. A long time ago you could do it with the Galaxy 19 stuff but they put an end to that. DirecTV uses their own non-standard DSS system rather than normal MPEG-2/4 so it is incompatible with all FTA receivers. Like Dish/Nagra they would never authorize a 3rd party unit even if it was workable.

North American pay satellite providers really suck compared to EU!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts