Name Based Recording on 508?

JerseyGuy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 4, 2006
Long story but I have to go back to my old 508 from a 522 I was using. So now I'm down a tuner and NBR. Anyone know when the 508s will get NBR?

I know for sure it will be out sometime between January and December of 2005, 2006 or 2007. That is, of course, unless it is delayed for some reason.

buy a 522 on e bay, quick easy fix then sell your 508, even with the DVR fee you wouldnt lose with no mirror fee with phone connection

Bob Haller said:
buy a 522 on e bay, quick easy fix then sell your 508, even with the DVR fee you wouldnt lose with no mirror fee with phone connection

He already has a 522 but is going from it to the 508. Maybe it is to save on the DVR fee and an additional outlet fee if there is no phone line. That can be $5 additional outlet fee + $6 DVR fee = $11 + tax could be $11.50 to $12.00 total extra fees.

If you have another basic receiver you could use the 522 as a two tv solution to replace another receiver that you currently have.

Long Memory

I still remember January 2005 during the Charlie chat, when Charlie said we would have NBR on the 5XX by the end of Feb. 2005. Then it was spring, then it was fall, then it was before the end of the year. I have given up keeping up with the new estimates. I can understand being off a month or two, but this is really exhausting. I am not sure if it is lack of respect to the customer, or if it is incompetence. I have not even heard any sort of apology for it. I guess that would too outrageous.
:mad:

In that last tech chat they said they were also going to add Dish on Demand (I think its called) where they download some cheesy old movies into the reserved space on your 508 when you aren't looking. They have to try to find some way to bring in extra revenue from this or it wouldn't make sense for them to do it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts