NAME NOT ACQUIRED ON EVEN TRANSPONDERS

hbilt

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
biscayne park(miami,Fl)
I have lost some HD Channels. The ones I am getting on 72. Did a point dish
and am checking signal strength. The transponders that are even 18,20,22, etc are good
signal 57-64 but name is not acquired.
Any idea what is wrong???

I am in Miami. Running everything thru a dpp44 with a weingard dish

I'm guessing you have 61.5 as well? What about 77?

What are your signal strengths on 72.7 TPs 15, 17, 19, 21? Have you tried watching channels on any even transponders?

How about 61.5 TPs 10, 14, 29, 31?

How about 77 (if applicable) TPs 13, 16, 20, 21?

"Name not acquired" isn't a big deal at all as long as you're locking onto the TP with a good signal strength and receiving all of your channels. Sometimes it helps to change TPs, then change back to the TP, wait a couple of seconds and it should acquire the name.

I have lost some HD Channels. The ones I am getting on 72. Did a point dish
and am checking signal strength. The transponders that are even 18,20,22, etc are good
signal 57-64 but name is not acquired.
Any idea what is wrong???

I am in Miami. Running everything thru a dpp44 with a weingard dish

Are you using a single dish for 72.7 so you have a Legacy LNB rectangular mounting instead of a "D" mount? Legacy LNBs are not compatible with DPP44 switches.

I've had the same problem on western arc with two different 622ViPs. The first one was replaced with a 722k by tech after he replaced all the wiring, DPP44, and LNB on my 129 antenna and still couldn't fix it. I was losing some of my 200-214 channels. Now my remaining 622 is starting with the same symptoms. Even number transponders equal or stronger to odd number do not resolve name on 129. I had 2 other receivers in the house on the same antenna that did not have a problem, Dish CS' kept telling me it was a bad switch, even though I had swapped outputs from the DPP44 with the same results.

I could not get channels that were on even transponder. Checked all connections and re-aimed and got signal up 2 or 3 points.
That was enough to get "Name Acquired" It is all working for the time being, until Dish changes something again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)