Nasa Shuttle Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pismire

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Darrington, Wa.
The space shuttle is supposed to go up in a couple of hours. Didn't see anyone mention it here. I am tuned into AMC7 HD. This will be the first time I have had the pleasure to see it in HD as the last few launches I have had a bad lnb on this dish, only could get H on it. Hoping for a safe and succesful launch.

It was great. Funny as a kid I remember a pretty large crowd around the countdown clock. Not many there anymore. Just shows you how we take this for granted now.

It was great. Funny as a kid I remember a pretty large crowd around the countdown clock. Not many there anymore. Just shows you how we take this for granted now.

How much of that though is due to newer security procedures? When I did a KSC tour last year they said you could get tickets that let you go to some bleachers over on the Air Force side and watch a launch. Sounded like the viewing area around the clock was now only for VIP's or folks with access to special tickets that you might get from your congressman.

I never put that into consideration, good point. You can't do anything anymore without big brother watching.....thanks to the bad guys.

I was watching the AMC6 HD feed via my Azbox on TV, but at the same time, I had one of those 4.2.2 scpc feeds up on my laptop, ie one of those channels that sequences between different views of the shuttle (I think these are for the benefit of contractors to watch various items that they are responsible for). When the shuttle went up, I looked down at the laptop, and all of the views were virtually blank, with a white smoke. Pretty funny. It took a good 5 minutes for the views to clear up, now showing the same view minus the shuttle. I was kind of amazed that the cameras didn't burn up during the launch, but perhaps they were further away than they appeared to be.

These contractor views used to be aired on an analog channel before DVB became popular. Back then, they put different cameras on different frames of the NTSC video, so that with normal TVs, the screen looked like it was a scrambled picture. However back then I had a Sony XBR TV that was capable of split screen, and I had a way to trick it into putting one frame on each side of the side by side PIP screen, which back then was pretty neat. When I replaced that TV with a newer XBR though, I could no longer get the trick to work. Nice to have those things viewable again via the scpc DVB channels.

I never put that into consideration, good point. You can't do anything anymore without big brother watching.....thanks to the bad guys.

Oddly enough, the best way to get back at the terrorists is to go about our lives like they don't affect us (water off a ducks back, so-to-speak)

UNFORTUNATELY, our administration lets them win - we ALL pay the price...

NOT to say that we don't go after the b@$tards, but... well, I think y'all see my point...

Ok, off my soap box - wrong forum for this...

Oddly enough, the best way to get back at the terrorists is to go about our lives like they don't affect us (water off a ducks back, so-to-speak)

UNFORTUNATELY, our administration lets them win - we ALL pay the price...

NOT to say that we don't go after the b@$tards, but... well, I think y'all see my point...

Ok, off my soap box - wrong forum for this...

:clap

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)