Nasa TV?

sullic82

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Does time warner offer Nasa TV? Just moved and my room is on the wrong side and the landlords wont allow on roof and only on a pole infront of our apt so no Dish or Direct tv. But we now have Time Warner and was wondering if they had Nasa TV b/c on Nasa Tv website it said it was free to air.

TWC in Southwest Ohio doesn't have it... they are forced to put it on the basic package, they aren't allowed to charge extra to get NASA TV from what I've read. That is why FTA people can pick up NASA TV from Dish Network's satellites (it isn't encrypted).

NASA TV is only available piecemeal on TWC. In some communities it is on in the afternoon on the Educational Access channel (4). You know, one of the channels a new state law is about to eradicate (by making it prohibitavely expensive for the community to provide).

See ya
Tony

I've been in a fight with TW in my area (Buffalo NY) for a long time with no avail. They put it on the Gov't Access channel for about 12-14 hours a day, which isn't too bad, but it never fails that they miss important stuff.

If you've got a decent internet connection, this link broadcasts a 1200 kbps stream during shuttle missions, 300 kbps between them.

http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1368163

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)