NASCAR 2013 season

yup exactly. Junior said it the best
"you got technology to see when we use the gas and brake...lets see that when he caused the caution"

I know it looks like it was a dirty deal and penalties are probably the right thing, but, I do feel bad for Truex. He lost everything and didn't do anything wrong. It was his team and team mate's actions and he is paying the price.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I feel for him too.

Lets back up a minute.

Truex is out, was he in the top 10 or was he in as a WC ?

IF he was in the top 10 then Gordon should have been moved in instead.

Lets back up a minute.

Truex was a wild card. Losing the 50 points dropped him back to 17th and the put Newman in the spot.

This isn't the first time it's happened. Water bottle or piece of foam out the window to bring out a debris caution. Certainly the most blatant. Sort of feel bad for Bowyer and Vickers. What were they supposed to do? Boss is basically telling Bowyer to spin out. They ask Vickers to pit under green with 4 to go!? If they go against the boss and don't do it, then what? Tough call on the penalties. I say drop Bowyer from the Chase. Or maybe set the chase by where the drivers were running just prior to the intentional spin. This is one reason why there's less fans in the stands each year.

Most of the focus of the penalty seems to be on the Ty Norris telling Vickers to pit allowing Truex to advance a few spots. Hell, he wasn't even trying to hide the fact because this stuff happens all the time with team mates. Now Boyers actions on the other hand....Thats where the hammer should have fell. If the only thing that would have happened was the Vickers pit call, the race would have most likely continued, and the outcome would have been decided by racing. Nothing would have been said. But because Boyer spins his self out, bringing out the caution, THAT changed the out come of the race. NASCAR has no real proof of that. Just the radio communications of Norris and Vickers. Now, lets see what happens during the chase if Jeff Gorden is leading with 5 Time in second, and pulls over to let Johnson lead a lap. My opinion, same thing Vickers was asked to do.

Lets back up a minute.

wild card spots go by wins. Gordon had 0 this year. Thats why he needed to be in the top 10 but instead that puke Logano beat him by one point

I thought Gordon was also in, based on where they were running prior to the Bowyer spin? Looks like MWR antics may have cost Gordon a spot in the chase. They should have docked each MWR driver enough points so Bowyer is out. 100 points would do it. That would take Bowyer out and Gordon in. Maybe then teams will think twice about pulling this crap. But as someone stated, that may not be fair, since Gordon ran like sh*t all year long and Bowyer was fairly consistent.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts