NASCAR 2013 season

I'm gonna guess that your in the area of the track ?

About an hour from Darlington...
I will tell you something....There is no hotter place in the southeast than the Pee Dee Sandhills region of NC/SC.
During summer typically it's 5-10 degrees hotter there than it is in the greater Charlotte area.

yup Jamie Mac won

There was a last lap crash so it finished under caution (1st time in a LONG time that has happened).

Austin Dillon in the 14 had a hell of a crash on that lap. Got turned by Stenhouse (17 car) and the 13 car run up under him flipping the 14 in the air

yup Jamie Mac won

There was a last lap crash so it finished under caution (1st time in a LONG time that has happened).

Austin Dillon in the 14 had a hell of a crash on that lap. Got turned by Stenhouse (17 car) and the 13 car run up under him flipping the 14 in the air

Hey Ice,
I didn't see the end of the race, Jr finished 2nd ... was he challenging for the lead when the wreck happened, of just hangin around like he usually does ?

he was right behind Jamie Mac and probably would have passed him. But on the last lap if the caution comes out the field is frozen

Nice win by Gordon this past Sunday
tie for 1st but Kenseth gets the tiebreaker right now (1 more win)

3 races left

no they just swapped Darlington and Kansas dates. Rumor was Darlington would go back to the Labor Day weekend but that didnt come to fruition
I really wish it had.
I don't, I live 15 miles from Hampton, where the Atlanta Motor Speedway is located.

Bad enough we lost our Spring race, don't take away our Labor Day Race as well (our Fall race was actually moved to Labor Day as compensation for losing the Spring race). Though I wouldn't mind it being moved back to being the last race of the season, where is was in the 80's & 90's. Those were fun to go to.

Last edited:
well its anticlimatic........and ESPN is probably creaming themselves that all next week they can turn on their "JJ love-fest" to high

Oh well..timer deleted for next week. Really don't care at this point

Honestly,I gave up after the 3rd race.Hate those new cars,and I knew JJ would have the edge,glad I didn't waste my dvr space for it.I wonder how NBC feels after spending all that money to get a watered down product?Whether its bringing back more short tracks,taking off re-stricter plates,Nascar really needs to do something to make it fun again.

Honestly,I gave up after the 3rd race.Hate those new cars,and I knew JJ would have the edge,glad I didn't waste my dvr space for it.I wonder how NBC feels after spending all that money to get a watered down product?Whether its bringing back more short tracks,taking off re-stricter plates,Nascar really needs to do something to make it fun again.
NOw hear this.....NASCAR considers restrictor plates to be sacrosanct.
The Gen 6 car turned out to be a disappointment. Especially on the 1.5 mile cookie cutters.
It is encouraging to see NASCAR has run several testing sessions to gather data on the cars and to see what types of changes need to be made in order to make the racing more competitive.
The most prominent complaint heard from drivers is that 'you can't pass the leader'.
IMO NASCAR should be hitting the panic button over the rotten attendance of most of the races this fall.
The race here at Charlotte( I did not go) had plenty of open seats. A friend of mine sat in the GM Grandstand( closest to start/finish) and he said save for the seats they had, the entire row was unoccupied.
The Texas fall race had its weakest ticket sales since the track hosted its first Cup race in 1997.
Let's face it. 500 mile races on these 1.5 mile tracks are just snooze fests.

on a happier note congrats to Matt Crafton for wining the Truck Championship
Congrats to Austin Dillon who won the Nationwide Championship in the 3 car

NOw hear this.....NASCAR considers restrictor plates to be sacrosanct.
The Gen 6 car turned out to be a disappointment. Especially on the 1.5 mile cookie cutters.
It is encouraging to see NASCAR has run several testing sessions to gather data on the cars and to see what types of changes need to be made in order to make the racing more competitive.
The most prominent complaint heard from drivers is that 'you can't pass the leader'.
IMO NASCAR should be hitting the panic button over the rotten attendance of most of the races this fall.
The race here at Charlotte( I did not go) had plenty of open seats. A friend of mine sat in the GM Grandstand( closest to start/finish) and he said save for the seats they had, the entire row was unoccupied.
The Texas fall race had its weakest ticket sales since the track hosted its first Cup race in 1997.
Let's face it. 500 mile races on these 1.5 mile tracks are just snooze fests.

That's a double whammy right there,disappointing car on disappointing tracks.Little wonder they are snooze fests.Nascar should count their blessings that they got such a big deal from NBC,it may be the last one they get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)