NAT settings for XBOX Live

true

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2007
Indiana
Is anybody having trouble with Nat settings being strict or moderate when trying to play games online either wired or wireless. I have AT&T DSL and a new Linksys E2000 wireless N router. I have one xbox360 on wireless and one hard wired to the router. I have tried every setting i can think of to get both connections to an open Nat setting. Any help would be awesome!

Linksys firmware recently has been problematic with XBox Live NAT (their UPnP is buggy). 2 options:

1) Search the linksys forums for port forwarding instructions
2) Go for a 3rd party firmware like DD-WRT

Recently went through this on a new 310N :)

this is what helped me, Put your att dsl in bridge mode and use your router to control everything....I have att dsl and NO matter what I tried it wouldnt open up for me till I had my modem in bridge mode! good luck let us know if that helps.

Thanks Stuart628 I'll try that tonight when I get home. but what are your settings on your router? port forwarding? upnp disabled enabled? security on or off?

Ok i put my dsl modem in bridge mode but could do nothing is there a setting i need to change on my linksys router to get connected to the internet?

Thanks stuart628 I got it working. Ok now my wireless xbox360's Nat setting is open and the wired one is a Nat setting of moderate with port forwarding on. so much happier now but would like both open but i can live with it. It's a lot better than it was.

I have the wired xbox on port forwarding and have an open NAT. i have the wireless xbox on DMZ and the NAT is moderate on it with UPNP disabled witch it doesn't matter I have tried it both ways. I would try the DD_WRT firmware but there is a chance that i could brick my router and i don't want to chance that.
Thanks guys for all your help if you think of anything else please post it.

I would personally scrap the Linksys and go with D-Link. Linksys is nothing but trouble now for some reason. Ever since Cisco bought them out they are nothing but crap.

I would personally scrap the Linksys and go with D-Link. Linksys is nothing but trouble now for some reason. Ever since Cisco bought them out they are nothing but crap.

Agree.. But carefull some N models have compatibility problems with the Xbox. Mine is a 625 and have it for a couple of years without any issues..

Tom

Update!!! first of all thanks to all that posted and for your awesome help. I took the Linksys (E2000) back to walmart and got my money back. Then went to best buy (because walmart doesn't carry Netgear) and bought a Rangemax dul band wireless N router Model WNDR3300 hooked it up and is working great all NAT settings are open on both the wired and wireless Xbox's with no port forwarding or DMZ settings. Thanks again for everyone that posted! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)