National Geo. HD

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
I have only seen one show on National G that is in widescreen HD. All the rest I have looked at (and not all of them) had black bars on the side and either good sd or poor HD.
I sure am not going to opt for the gold package if that is all the better it will be.
I have been very impressed with Home Gardening HD on PG. Everything so far has been in razor sharp HD and wide screen.
I found that there is some neat stuff on there that I never knew thay had as I never watched it.
Now I am so spoiled with HD and SD looks so poor on the 622 that all I watch is HD.
Also have starz hd but have not watched a movie yet to see if I will keep it or not.

riffjim4069 said:
The only problem with HGHD is their lack of HD material...they were looping programming within 5 hours of going live on E*.

And my wife said she had already seen some of the programs.

I agree with you. Nat Geo HD is a waste of a HD channel. There is barely any HD on this channel. I certainly will not upgrade to the Gold package in order to get this channel.

HGTV HD has amazing HD PQ. I've been watching many shows on this channel and this is the channel people should show to their friends that don't have HD yet. It has some of the best PQ that I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Mike4HDTV said:
I agree with you. Nat Geo HD is a waste of a HD channel. There is barely any HD on this channel. I certainly will not upgrade to the Gold package in order to get this channel.

HGTV HD has amazing HD PQ. I've been watching many shows on this channel and this is the channel people should to their friends that don't have HD yet. It has some of the best PQ that I've ever seen.

I totally agree and was thinking the same thing. The picture quality is outstanding. I also noticed that the Demo channel was updated and it looks great.

HGTV HD is doing the same type of color enhancement that the CSI, Vegas series are doing. Vivid colors.

homertiger said:
Is this an HD Demo channel, If so what channel is it on?
9443, but it is on the 61.5 satellite. If you don't have a dish pointed at it, so sorry, no HD Demo. (I've been watching too many early Bond films on FilmFest, so sorry...;))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)