National Geographic Channel HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
Ok we got TNT HD, so what's next? I know that there are alot of you sports guys, but I want to see:

The Outdoor Channel 2 HD
History Channel HD
Starz HD
and Distant Network feed of a WB Channel in HD

I guess time will tell who will put up the most HD channels, DTV or Dish!

I guess all of us HD fans will just have to complain and fuss for more channels!

Man this HD stuff is addictive!!!!

OneBigJedi said:
Ok we got TNT HD, so what's next? I know that there are alot of you sports guys, but I want to see:

The Outdoor Channel 2 HD
History Channel HD
Starz HD
and Distant Network feed of a WB Channel in HD

I guess time will tell who will put up the most HD channels, DTV or Dish!

I guess all of us HD fans will just have to complain and fuss for more channels!

Man this HD stuff is addictive!!!!
----------------
The next rumored one is Nat'l Geo H/D. I doubt you will see a nat'l feed of WB as
they have merged with UPN to form a new Network CW network, and D* has:hungry:
said they have no plans as yet to carry it.

I get both WB and UPN in HD OTA, crap do not want to give up bandwidth to channels I get OTA!!!
National Geographic is the next logical channel. In the next 2 mounths will be nice.

The next channel after that that I would like to see is SPEED!!!!! Formula One IS racing!!!!!!

NGCHD: National Geographic Channel High Definition (NGCHD) is not currently offered by DIRECTV. Please call 877-77NGCHD (877-776-4243) to request that NGCHD be added to your channel line-up!

atp1313 said:
:D You could tell us, but then you would have to kill us!?! :D

it isnt a state secret, our northeast directv rep told us that tnt hd was lighting up first . then within a month max , ng hd would be on.

bgilga said:
What ever happened to the FOX HD package they talked about?

that is why directv will never have voom. once the spaceways get settled, i understand fox hd is going to blow voom out of the water ( or the sky, literally)

it is also a financial advantage over dish, rupert owns fox and directv, so out of one pocket into the other. ergen has to pay cablevision for the voom stuff.;)

Last edited:
NGCHD seems like a good choice for our next HD channel. I also think the Scripps network channels Food & HGTV would be good adds whenever they become available, which I thought was suppose to be pretty soon. The Outdoor Channel 2 HD seems to have gotten pretty much no response from any of the big carriers, it has been around since July. I'm still for the INHDs coming to D* but that's going to be a long while before that happens. Starz & Cinemax would be cool adds but for me I'd pass on them for now, just don't want my bill to go up even more, still would love to be able to just subscribe to only the HD versions of HBO & Showtime as I never even check what's on those channels non-hd.

I agree on the HBO and Showtime SD channels.Nnever much there. I have Showtime for penn and teller Bullsh!t and thats it and HBO for the sopranos and thats all. NGHD is the way to go next then speed HD.

dragon002 said:
that is why directv will never have voom. once the spaceways get settled, i understand fox hd is going to blow voom out of the water ( or the sky, literally)

it is also a financial advantage over dish, rupert owns fox and directv, so out of one pocket into the other. ergen has to pay cablevision for the voom stuff.;)

Some guy who works for a Fox local explained that it is not near as simple as that. Rupert does not own fox, he is via Newscorp, the single largest shareholder & while he has more clout than anybody else, it still less than 50% & he can be over-ruled. Also, apparently, all of the divisions of Newscorp are separate entities. The part that has controlling interest in DirecTV will be paying the part that has FOXHD (even though profits from both will just go back to Newscorp) but maybe they can get a "discounted rate" compared to what say , Comcast, would pay to carry FOXHD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

H 20

NBA all star game practice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)