National HD Poll?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pontracer

Original poster
Feb 4, 2009
Ohio
If I knew how to start one I would. How about one to show Dish Network which channels the majority would like first?

Gee thanks...killjoy...the last one in January covered channels that are on everyone's wish list - not the ones that about to be released - "soon". Maybe we can help Charlie out with prioritization...as opposed to a zillion threads each asking for a different channels. You bucking for moderator or something?

What additional HD programming has been announced since last fall?

If anything, the new HD picture has dimmed with the postponements at NBCU.

I did such a poll 2 months ago. Here are the results, with 100 responses. I deliberately excluded RSNs, locals, and channels not yet rumored to go HD.

Poll closed at 100 votes. Here are the final results:
53 American Movie Classics HD
50 Turner Classic Movies HD
50 FOX News Channel HD
44 MoreMax HD
40 BBC America HD
39 The Movie Channel HD
38 Independent Film Channel HD
38 ESPNU HD
36 The Movie Channel Xtra
33 MSNBC HD
33 Chiller HD
29 Hallmark Channel HD
29 FOX Business Network HD
28 E!EntertainmentTVHD
26 Showtime Showcase HD
26 Showtime Beyond HD (Qtr 1 09)
26 Showtime 2 HD
25 Sleuth HD
25 MLB Network HD
24 Showtime Next HD (Qtr 1 09)
24 G4 HD
23 Showtime FamilyZone HD (Qtr 1 09
22 Flix HD (Qtr 1 09)
20 Showtime Women HD (Qtr 1 09)
18 TruTV HD
18 Outdoor Channel HD
11 Fuel HD
10 Women's Entertainment HD
10 SoapNet HD
10 Rural Farm Development TV HD
7 MavTV HD (Not related to the Dallas Mavericks)
7 Ion TV HD
7 Fuse HD
6 Wealth TV HD
6 Al Jazeera English HD
5 Wine Network HD
5 Style HD
4 Soundtrack Channel HD
4 QVC HD
3 Si TV HD
3 Oprah Winfrey Network HD
3 ION Life HD
3 Africa Channel HD
2 TV One HD
2 Trinity Broadcasting Network HD
2 Qubo HD
2 29HD Network
1 Mun2 TV HD
1 Jewelry TV HD
1 Black TV News Channel HD
0 Home Shopping Network HD
1 None of the above

I did such a poll 2 months ago. Here are the results, with 100 responses. I deliberately excluded RSNs, locals, and channels not yet rumored to go HD.

I would agree with most of those choices, especially BBC and IFC, both of which are near the top. I also like Fuel and Sundance (is it in HD?).

Well, if you did look at my old poll, you wold see I used survey monkey. vBulliten (the software the site uses) is limited to 10 survey choices. Though you didn't look at it since you didn't seem able to figure out how to make one. Pretty self explanatory once you get to the site.

FX, Speed, and Viacom already seem to be Dish priorities without our help. Or are you trying to prove they shouldn't be priorities? If som I've got news for you: Spike, Speed, FX, Nick and probably Comedy Central will all score high. MTV, VH1, CMT and BET will probably come in low, but it's a package deal.

Well, if you did look at my old poll, you wold see I used survey monkey. vBulliten (the software the site uses) is limited to 10 survey choices. Though you didn't look at it since you didn't seem able to figure out how to make one. Pretty self explanatory once you get to the site.

FX, Speed, and Viacom already seem to be Dish priorities without our help. Or are you trying to prove they shouldn't be priorities? If som I've got news for you: Spike, Speed, FX, Nick and probably Comedy Central will all score high. MTV, VH1, CMT and BET will probably come in low, but it's a package deal.

I agree with your synopsis...just trying to put some numbers to it...14 channels announced 12/31/08...which ones should be first...there are some obvious ones that have low appeal to the crowd here on Sat Guys...

I for one will switch to an all HD package once Speed is available in HD. Are others in a similar situation with certain channels? This will no doubt reduce revenue for Dish. Is this why they are reluctant to add new national HD?

the only stations keeping me on the top 200 and not TurboHD Silver are Comedy Central, Outdoor Channel, and maybe CMT.

I'm not holding my breath for those channels, but we'll see.

I enjoyed a previous poster's comment on how the cost of everthing has gone up +$20 over the last 10 years without improvements in programming.

pfan

It no longer matters to me. Unless something radical happens I'll be leaving satellite TV when my contract obligation expires. The price increase for HD only is almost obscene and not worth it. I'm keeping a close eye on what is becoming available via the internet and/or my local telco. Greed at all levels is making the current distribution systems too expensive - especially in the current economy.

Mario

I have tried contacting Discovery and Viacom about all of the other services they don't have in HD launching in that format. I get the feeling I will get mostly, "We have no information at this time." for the Discovery channels, but I have seen a few rumblings for a few other services going HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)