NBA-HD games now available to HD Pak?

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
This is pretty neat, it was open for the last game and it's open tonight as well. So I wonder if this is just a glitch or will it stay for the rest of the season? Hopefully it's the latter :)

My thinking here is that NBA must've changed the rules to allow more people to see the HD games also since INHD gets to show the NBA games nationally.

I have a 921 and subscribe to the HD-Pak. I tried to tune into the New Orleans vs. L.A. Lakers game tonight on channel 9467 HDPPV. It says in the info screen that the "HD game available to customers with NBA League Pass. HD receiver req'd. Blackouts may apply". I couldn't tune in as I do not subscribe to NBA League Pass. I get an error message that says that "This is a subscription channel which has not been purchased...". I'm hoping to get some more NBA-HD this year, but I hope I don't need to subscribe to LP. Have everything Pak +locals +sports +HD pak.

Did you try 9466?

I was able to get it just fine. And I don't have anything that includes NBA-TV. Before you needed to have NBA-TV and everything pack covered this, but it doesn't matter anymore.

I think you're simply blacked out because you porbably live in either the New Orleans or LA region, am I correct?

DVDDAD said:
I have a 921 and subscribe to the HD-Pak. I tried to tune into the New Orleans vs. L.A. Lakers game tonight on channel 9467 HDPPV. It says in the info screen that the "HD game available to customers with NBA League Pass. HD receiver req'd. Blackouts may apply". I couldn't tune in as I do not subscribe to NBA League Pass. I get an error message that says that "This is a subscription channel which has not been purchased...". I'm hoping to get some more NBA-HD this year, but I hope I don't need to subscribe to LP. Have everything Pak +locals +sports +HD pak.

Yea you have to try 9466 it works on that channel and not 9467.

Cool! I thought it might be because of the loss of Fox Sports Chicago in our area and Dish giving us the Sports Multipack (which includes NBA-TV) to compensate until they replace it with CSC. (Say, wasn't that the fictitious cable channel that had "Sports Night"?)

DVDDAD said:
Great! I tried it tonight and it works! I didn't have the channel in my HDTV favorites list, but I do now! Thank you!

COOL!! no prob glad Dish is doing this for us. Since i am going to go from the AEP to just HD pak. I need more HD!!

I'm not sure but it's been this way for a week now. But maybe we should keep it quiet just incase it is a mistake and they end up fixing it :(

It has been like that for me since the season started :D I remember i tried the hdppv sports and it was telling me to order the nba pack i changed one channel down and was in aww so its been working for a long time for me :yes

DVDDAD said:

to tell you the truth if you get a error message like 013 or 104 which you got and you subscribe to the nba pass pak then hold in the power button on the front of the sat rec for 6 seconds, if nothing then unplug for 30 seconds(so you r aware the 921 does have a delay powering back up), run a switch test (menu 6 2), if that doesnt work call in for a hit to be sent if they say anything tell them what they did

Strange Treatment during account cancellation

Service in Mexico?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)