Nba League Pass and DISH

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
I decided to cancel the sports pkg and just put that 5.99 a moth toward the NBA League PKG

But I am told cant turn on Nba League till NOV 2. Also if i droped sports pkg today I wont have NBA TV till NOV 2.

Seem strange but even an email from a CORP person said yes that true.

I assume though if I do this I still get NBA TV year round,also she said there were NO pre season games via NBA league Pass,I sure thought I some the other day in the guide?

Maybe some knows some details of Nba League?

Thanks

Trido

Hey i just got the league pass a month ago. and most of what you heard is not true. First when you get the pass they tell you the crap that you dont get nba tv until the season starts. the truth is theres 2 nba tv's. One for the multi-sport and america's everything packedge (ch.402) and the other for league pass subs (ch.560). So yes you have nbatv just have to go look for it. (dont know why they wont tell you that lol) . Second preseason games are shown on the league pass just not all of them. At the most maybe 3 a day. But more often the just one. (check 561-563) I think i answered your question. let me know if you wanna know anyting else

Mrdectown said:
Hey i just got the league pass a month ago. and most of what you heard is not true. First when you get the pass they tell you the crap that you dont get nba tv until the season starts. the truth is theres 2 nba tv's. One for the multi-sport and america's everything packedge (ch.402) and the other for league pass subs (ch.560). So yes you have nbatv just have to go look for it. (dont know why they wont tell you that lol) . Second preseason games are shown on the league pass just not all of them. At the most maybe 3 a day. But more often the just one. (check 561-563) I think i answered your question. let me know if you wanna know anyting else
so you think if today I call and cancel the sports pkg BUT add NBA league pass I will have nba tv on ch 560?
Gamble I guess as there are a couple more pre season games on nba tv before nov season start.
I may gamble on trying it today I have a source that say she will not make me pay the 5 dollar fee to DROP a pkg

thanks

Trido

trido said:
so you think if today I call and cancel the sports pkg BUT add NBA league pass I will have nba tv on ch 560?
Gamble I guess as there are a couple more pre season games on nba tv before nov season start.
I may gamble on trying it today I have a source that say she will not make me pay the 5 dollar fee to DROP a pkg

thanks

Trido
OkI paid for the pass minutes ago still no ch 560 nba tv, did it take awile to turn on if you remember?

thanks

Trido

Maybe someone here will know the answer to this question. I am thinking about ordering League Pass to get all the Pacers game. I live in Terre Haute and around half of the games are shown on one of the Alternative Sports Channels for Fox Sports(or at least they were w/ DirecTv I just switched to Dish). It is the other half of the games I'm interested in seeing. These games are usually shown on channel 4 which is a local station for Indianapolis and if I had cable I would get it here. However, technically it's not a local channel for Terre Haute and I don't recieve it with my locals from Dish. Do you think the Pacers games would be blacked out since I live so close to Indy?

Update your right

Mrdectown said:
You were right channel 560 is on NOW.
why they tell people no who knows

Trido

gravy741 said:
Maybe someone here will know the answer to this question. I am thinking about ordering League Pass to get all the Pacers game. I live in Terre Haute and around half of the games are shown on one of the Alternative Sports Channels for Fox Sports(or at least they were w/ DirecTv I just switched to Dish). It is the other half of the games I'm interested in seeing. These games are usually shown on channel 4 which is a local station for Indianapolis and if I had cable I would get it here. However, technically it's not a local channel for Terre Haute and I don't recieve it with my locals from Dish. Do you think the Pacers games would be blacked out since I live so close to Indy?
not sure I am in Evansville and will know soonish not sure when their first game is on League.At nba.com they still dont show the nba pass schedule yet.
I can let you know if you want to wait some after start of season.

trido

I've had NBA League Pass since last year and I can tell you this: There are 2 NBATV channels but both are VERY different. The one you get with the sports package actually shows LIVE games. The one that comes with the Season Pass only shows scores for games currently being played along with some information video, but it does not have live games. The other night the Lakers were scheduled for a preseason game on NBATV. It was not on channel 560, the one that comes with the Season Pass.

To answer Gravy's post. I'm in the same situation as you are with my team, that's why I have to order the Season Pass. FOX Sports West carries all the Lakers home games and in my area the home games are blacked out on NBA Season Pass, therefore I watch all the Lakers home games on FOX. It's the away games that I'd be missing if I didn't have the Season Pass. Also, you'll get a few games a week in HD via the Season Pass on the HD Events channel (Channel 9000 something).

G_Sup said:
I've had NBA League Pass since last year and I can tell you this: There are 2 NBATV channels but both are VERY different. The one you get with the sports package actually shows LIVE games. The one that comes with the Season Pass only shows scores for games currently being played along with some information video, but it does not have live games. The other night the Lakers were scheduled for a preseason game on NBATV. It was not on channel 560, the one that comes with the Season Pass.

To answer Gravy's post. I'm in the same situation as you are with my team, that's why I have to order the Season Pass. FOX Sports West carries all the Lakers home games and in my area the home games are blacked out on NBA Season Pass, therefore I watch all the Lakers home games on FOX. It's the away games that I'd be missing if I didn't have the Season Pass. Also, you'll get a few games a week in HD via the Season Pass on the HD Events channel (Channel 9000 something).
OK iwas going to ask since i went league pass I better sure get the 45 HD games listed for NBATV HD

Trido

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)