NBA League Pass Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GPC2

Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
My location is New Orleans. I just got DirecTV last week after struggling with the decision whether to go with Digital Cox or DirecTV. Basically I decided on DirecTV because Cox wouldn't offer NFL Sunday Ticket in the fall.

I am also a big Hornets fan, and when I was ready to sign up for NBA league pass I thought I would be able to get all of the Hornets games. The lady on the phone informed me that NBA League Pass offers up to 40 "OUT OF MARKET" NBA games per week.

When I pressed her asking did that mean that I wouldn't be able to get Hornets games, she told me that she didn't see any reason why I wouldn't be able to. Friday night came and I tuned in to watch the Hornets vs. the Pistons and the message on the screen stated "Programming not available in this area...."

My question: Did I get screwed? Will I see NO Hornets games this season? Will I not be able to see the visiting team coverage of the game?? If so this is terrible.

Sorry for the long post, and Thanks in advance for any help.

Hopeless in New Orleans

Don't you have a local network that covers your Hornets? Such as a foxsports net.
The NBA league pass does black out your local team.
I live in the Philadelphie market and we are really screwed!!! :mad:

rcbridge: what are the cable TV rates in Philly? I'm betting that Comcast feels confident enough to charge higher rates in Philly in order to make up for markets where they don't have as tight of a monopoly grip.

rcbridge said:
Don't you have a local network that covers your Hornets? Such as a foxsports net.
The NBA league pass does black out your local team.
I live in the Philadelphie market and we are really screwed!!! :mad:

Yeah, the local network that broadcasts the Hornets is Cox Sports Television. I'm not holding my breath for Cox to allow DirecTV to add it to their lineup. I would think that I can at least catch the games on the visiting teams' channel hunh?

Philly is a special case, Comcast owns the Sixers and Flyers and the arena they use a loop hole in the law to avoid having to sell the games to any satellite provider,
But basic and expanded basic which is required to see the Comcast Sportsnet is about $43. analog channels only.

Yeah, about the same way here. Cox analog is ~$45/month. Digital is ~$62/month. I thought I would be able to get the Hornets on DirecTV, otherwise I would have gone with Cox - now I'm stuck.

GPC2 said:
Yeah, about the same way here. Cox analog is ~$45/month. Digital is ~$62/month. I thought I would be able to get the Hornets on DirecTV, otherwise I would have gone with Cox - now I'm stuck.

Well. That's a tough situation. The only way to watch the hornets would be to "move". If you have a relative or know someone that lives out of state, ask them to use their address as the service address. Then you'd keep your address as the billing address. Dish and directv never really care about this and it shouldn't be a problem. You'd then be free of any hornets blackouts.

AppliedAggression said:
Well. That's a tough situation. The only way to watch the hornets would be to "move".

I guess that's an idea......but then I wouldn't have my locals. Damned if you do - damned if you don't.

RC let me ask you a question. When the 76ers play on the road against, say Detroit, can you catch the game on Fox Sports Detroit?

On a slightly different note, I also bought the sports pack and I really feel screwed with the League Pass since almost all the games can be found on a channel in the sports pack anyway.

{RC let me ask you a question. When the 76ers play on the road against, say Detroit, can you catch the game on Fox Sports Detroit?}GPC2 The short answer no!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts