NBA Season Pass

rlavinder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows when we will be able to order NBA Season Pass and how much it will be for this season? I am looking forward to watching my Orlando Magic this season.

Thank you

The package usually becomes available toward the end of preseason. There is nothing as far as what the pricing is this year on the Dish Network website. These packages are usually in addition to any other package, so John you should have no problem ordering it.

I just called about this because in prior years I would have already been billed by now and could watch the preseason games. The CSR I spoke with read a "standard" reply/text. Since it was an overseas CSR,take the info for what it is worth.

She said, "They are still in negotiations with the NBA and won't accept a price that would make subscriber prices go up. They do not know when the NBA League pass will be available. For pre-season games I could watch on TNT, Regional Sport networks, etc. "

Shocked me a bit as it sounded like Charlie may be playing hardball with the NBA and the package might be dropped. I hope not but thought I would report.

I noticed over the weekend that their were pre season games on a free preview of the NBA League Pass channels. I wouldn't think they could put these on without an agreement.

The automatic renewal letter from last year says they will add the cost to your bill about 60 days before the season starts. Since the season starts November 1st and I haven't heard anything, I guess we won't have it this year. "John"

I just called as well

I just called about this because in prior years I would have already been billed by now and could watch the preseason games. The CSR I spoke with read a "standard" reply/text. Since it was an overseas CSR,take the info for what it is worth.

She said, "They are still in negotiations with the NBA and won't accept a price that would make subscriber prices go up. They do not know when the NBA League pass will be available. For pre-season games I could watch on TNT, Regional Sport networks, etc. "

Shocked me a bit as it sounded like Charlie may be playing hardball with the NBA and the package might be dropped. I hope not but thought I would report.

And was told by the CSR it was still in negotiations. I have stomached a lot from Charlie recently but without my Trailblazers on League Pass.. it might be time to switch

This is one package I hope they don't lose. It was bad enough when they coughed up and lost Extra Innings. These days it seems like we have to sit on pins and needles before every NBA and NHL season before we hear anything. :mad:

Man I really hope that they get it all straightened out. I just switched to Dish from crappy Time Warner about three weeks ago EXACTLY for League Pass. League Pass on TW did not include NBATV or any games in HD. I switched to Dish to get some games in HD and NBATV (not to mention the big savings every month with Turbo HD). I am stuck with Dish for a two year contract so they better get their act together.

Anyone have any updates? I am still unable to order the package despite the fact that I can still view several preseason games a night on the free preview. Only one week left until the season starts!

Through the Dish Network website live chat, I was told this today:

Carol S: The NBA is currently in the process of negotiating a new distribution deal for NBA League Pass with all satellite, cable and telco providers. Our goal at DISH is to complete the best deal for our subscribers in advance of the start of the regular season on October 28th. For preseason games, you can check your EPG for games on TNT, ESPN, regional sports networks and your local broadcast networks.

Sounds like this may go the away just like MLB Extra Innings. Pretty pathetic.

I blame this one on the NBA, it looks they have been renegotiating all of their deals (outside of network TV); today they finally announced that SIRIUS XM Radio would be carrying more than 1,000 regular season games along w/the entire post season. I mean come on now, the season begins tomorrow and this announcement was just made official today...what's up w/that? :confused:

Through the Dish Network website live chat, I was told this today:

Carol S: The NBA is currently in the process of negotiating a new distribution deal for NBA League Pass with all satellite, cable and telco providers. Our goal at DISH is to complete the best deal for our subscribers in advance of the start of the regular season on October 28th. For preseason games, you can check your EPG for games on TNT, ESPN, regional sports networks and your local broadcast networks.

Sounds like this may go the away just like MLB Extra Innings. Pretty pathetic.

It is pathetic. And NHL Center Ice will be next. Look, I don't want to see a markup of 50 or 60% on anything but I think it's pretty customary that prices do go up on things from time to time.

I went on the direct TV site and they have NBA League Pass available for purchase. Does that mean they have a deal ? If they do all I got to say is good-bye Dish. I'm sick and tired of all this BS !!

I just watched a commerical by dish on espn saying they will have a free pre-view of the nba league pass from oct28 to nov-4.

I just watched a commerical by dish on espn saying they will have a free pre-view of the nba league pass from oct28 to nov-4.

Is there a way to tell if I'm getting some sort of free preview or if I actually am subscribed to NBA League Pass?

I spoke with a fairly competent CSR the other day, and he said I should not be getting League Pass. I told him I am getting channel 9xxx, he confirmed that I should ne be getting that, and congratulated me on getting it for free. He said he would not "fix the glitch"... nice guy. I watched the entire pre-season without ever ordering it. I get about 20 channels of League Pass all the time.

I looked in the guide this morning. The League Pass channels were still on there, but I did not see any actual League Pass games on the schedule for the next 8-9 days.

That is strange, I checked my guide too and no games listed, not surprising though the way dish handles sports packages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)