Nba Tv! (Will NBA LP be available on VOOM? Not now or by openning day)

orateam

Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
I'm a Voom FAN! I love my HD. But I need NBATV. After being spoiled last year and watching it on DirectTV, i was floored by all the possibilities each night. After the season, i realized how poor the selection of HD programming was on D* and decided to jump to VOOM. I have been THRILLED since. But now the NBA season looms and I feel like an addict trying not to withdraw. I want the NBA season pass so bad it hurts! Any chance this gets on VOOM? If not, i'm pretty sure i'm bailing.

Not sure about your expectation about this but before any NBA LP, you need the RSN Channels and VOOM obviously does not have them all (in fact, it only has one). So there you go, (in my opinion) the expectation of having NBA LP are not that great. Don't expect it unless a miracle happens.

P.S. If there's any consolation TNT-HD will be offering NBA games available at a National Level.

well here's something i never noticed before. Dish network is offering thier HD receiver(s) for free, no equipment fees either. I used the website and i was able to order (though i didn't place it) 2 HD receivers, 2 dishes, installation for $29 a month, +$10 for the HD, +$5 for the 2nd receiver. That's $45 a month plus access to NBATV. There is a 1 time fee of $49, but they credit you it back the 1st month. I know i'm gonna miss all the HD content from voom, but somethings you just can't live without.

I think I'll give Voom until a week before the start of the season before i order.

Of course it's in HD. You get all the NBATV HD games as well as ALL the games on FoxSports.

Here is the HD lineup for NBATV.

http://www.nba.com/schedules/national_tv_schedule/NBATVHighDef/

NATIONAL TV SCHEDULE - 2004-05
Date Teams Time (ET)
Mon, Nov 8 Golden State @ Dallas
8:30 pm
Tue, Nov 9 Indiana @ Minnesota
8:00 pm
Sun, Nov 21 Cleveland @ New York
7:30 pm
Mon, Nov 22 Minnesota @ Dallas
Tue, Nov 23 Toronto @ Washington
7:00 pm
Sat, Nov 27 Detroit @ Milwaukee
9:00 pm
Sun, Nov 28 New Orleans @ L.A. Lakers
9:30 pm
Mon, Nov 29 Boston @ Orlando
Wed, Dec 1 Philadelphia @ San Antonio
Mon, Dec 6 Detroit @ Dallas
Wed, Dec 8 Minnesota @ Philadelphia
Tue, Dec 14 Portland @ Minnesota
Mon, Dec 20 Utah @ Philadelphia
Sun, Dec 26 Boston @ San Antonio
Tue, Dec 28 Houston @ Milwaukee
Wed, Dec 29 Minnesota @ New York
Sat, Jan 8 New Jersey @ Orlando
Tue, Jan 11 New Orleans @ New York
Sun, Jan 23 Miami @ Philadelphia
6:00 pm
Mon, Jan 24 Detroit @ Minnesota
Tue, Jan 25 Phoenix @ New York
Sat, Jan 29 Orlando @ Washington
Mon, Jan 31 Indiana @ Philadelphia
Mon, Feb 7 Indiana @ Washington
Wed, Feb 9 Miami @ New York
Sat, Feb 12 Orlando @ Philadelphia
Mon, Feb 14 Utah @ Phoenix
Tue, Feb 15 L.A. Clippers @ Orlando
Tue, Feb 22 Boston @ L.A. Lakers
10:30 pm
Sat, Feb 26 Indiana @ New York
Mon, Feb 28 L.A. Lakers @ New York
Wed, Mar 9 San Antonio @ Phoenix
Fri, Mar 11 Dallas @ Milwaukee
Tue, Mar 15 Miami @ New York
Sat, Mar 19 Utah @ Washington
Mon, Mar 21 New Orleans @ Dallas
Mon, Mar 28 Indiana @ Milwaukee
Tue, Apr 12 Toronto @ New York
Sat, Apr 16 Sacramento @ Phoenix
10:00 pm
Mon, Apr 18 Milwaukee @ Philadelphia

I would like to add that its a couple of weeks to the NBA season and FSN Ohio is nowhere in sight. With discounts available as a new subscriber $77/month/18 months for the premium services with a DVR and the improved HD content available I've decided to install Time Warner Cable to receive Cavs games. I wish Voom would communicate a date for FSN. It will probably show up right after I de-install. Anyway, hopefully Voom will succeed as I would have liked to stay a customer.

You'd better be sure as NBA TV on Dish is not automatically translate to HD. Dish and DirecTv carried those NBA HD games on the Event channel. Sometimes it was not even at the beginning of the season. I can tell you because I have Dish and it was not from the get go that it was carried.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)