Status
Not open for further replies.

John Corn

The Coach / Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 6, 2003
North Canton, Ohio.
I think this is one category most people can't agree on, ever. However, I'm going to throw my Top 5 out there. Feel free to do the same yourself.

1. Jerry Sloan - This guy did more with two old guys (very good, but old) than most coaches can do with multiple stars. His teams always play hard, and I would love to have him coach the CAVS.

2. Gregg Popovich - He hasn't had much more than Sloan, yet he has found a way to win two championships. Tim Duncan is no slouch, in fact, I believe he is the best player in the NBA, but this Spurs team plays awesome defense, and they beat teams with a lot more talent every year in the playoffs.

3. Phil Jackson - Obviously is the most successful current coach, but he has always had MJ or Shaq. I'd love to see him try to do a Bill Parcels and try to take a loser and make them into a winner, virtually overnight. If he could do that, I'd put him at #1.

4. Flip Saunders - This is his year to prove he belongs up here. I think he's highly underrated, but he has had the same situation Popovich has had, but Pop has done more, which is why he's #2, and Saunders is down here.

5. Jeff Van Gundy - I think he was the perfect coach for the Rockets. He has both a young center and a young PG entering their primes, and you know his teams will play tough D. I expect a championship from him within four years.

Eric Musselman of the Warriors. Look how they improved last year, and were virturally in most games. And off to a good start again this year, in spite of missing players.

Yes, good choice ride. This is a coach that has improved this franchise from bad to respectability. Or for that matter, most improved team last year and with a winning record this season thus far. I know that the Warriors don't get a lot of national telvised games, so let's not forget this coach.

Good list. Tough to put Mussleman on that list.. yet. This year will determine a lot. A lot of good coaches in the NBA. I might add Rick Carlisle to the list. He did quite well in detroit, and I am still trying to figure out why detroit got rid of him, although Larry Brown is another good coach, so it wasn't a horrible maneuver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)