NBATV blackout?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Well the other night I was going to watch the Sacramento Kings game in HD finally! Now I go tune in NBATV HD and boom, the screen is black and says the show is blacked out.
This is seriously messed up, the game was also broadcasted on comcast west channel...and it wasn't HD, the PQ was horrible, this is lame, why would they black out the HD feed on NBATV? It wasn't mentioned to me that they had blackouts on NBATV...which is really ***** up.
Is there anything DTV can do about this at all?

What I don't understand is this:

Blackout restrictions apply. In accordance with blackout rules, customers who subscribe to SPORTS PACK will not receive sports programming outside their market on these channels. Out of market games are sold separately via professional and collegiate sports subscription packages. Click here to determine which teams are available in your area.

Its not an out of area game, its in my area, why is DTV is not letting me get the HD feed of the game on NBATVHD when they are broadcasted on comcast?

Strange, I've never seen a game blacked out on NBA TV, even the games out of my area. I don't have the NBA League Pass either.

Its not an out of area game, its in my area, why is DTV is not letting me get the HD feed of the game on NBATVHD when they are broadcasted on comcast?

It's the same as ESPN's Wednesday night baseball broadcasts. The national feed on NBATV is blacked out if you can get the game locally. The argument is this is done to protect the local rights holder (CSN West in this case). Since I am out of the Kings local area, I was able to watch them tank Saturday's game in glorious HD. Wish I could have seen last night's great win...

...and blackouts are leagues dealings, your DBS providers are told what to enforce.

We need a RSN, sports blackout thread like the war zone. Things outside their control need their own post area as opposed to always being laid in their laps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)