NBC 4K Rio Olympics

syphix

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Just noticed a new channel, 146, listed as "NBC 4K Rio Olympics". When I tune to it, it's a rotate color test pattern.

Is DISH going to carry portions of the Olympics in 4K, like DirecTV is??

Last night it was running a loop (about 20-30 seconds?) of a golfer with the Olympic theme music playing.

It is also one of the channels under the Channel 148 Olympic "multi-channel/expandable guide" thing....I guess now that I have a Hopper 3, I need to learn the correct terms :D

nbcolympics web site says:
DISH – linear channel #146 and VOD (non-HDR). Please note: Dish will not have the Opening Ceremonies during its initial 4K HDR playout.
Any idea why?

Here is the list of 4K content according to http://www.nbcolympics.com/4khdr

• August 5: Opening Ceremony (same day: 9:00p ET, 10:00p PT)
  • August 6: Opening Ceremony (9:00a)
  • August 7: Judo (9:00a)
  • August 8: Judo (9:00a)
  • August 9: Judo (9:00a)
  • August 10: Judo, Swimming (9:00a)
  • August 11: Swimming (11:30a)
  • August 12: Swimming (11:30a)
  • August 13; Swimming (12:00p)
  • August 14: Track & Field, Swimming (12:00p)
  • August 15: Track & Field (12:00p)
  • August 16: Track & Field (12:00p)
  • August 17: Track & Field (12:00p)
  • August 18: Track & Field, Basketball (12:00p)
  • August 19: Basketball (12:00p)
  • August 20: Basketball (12:00p)
  • August 21: Soccer, Basketball (8:00a), Closing Ceremony (same day: 9:00p ET, 10:00p PT)

Reactions: charlesrshell
nbcolympics web site says:
DISH – linear channel #146 and VOD (non-HDR). Please note: Dish will not have the Opening Ceremonies during its initial 4K HDR playout.
Any idea why?
Perhaps not ready for HDR? NBC will have two 4K broadcasts of the Opening Ceremony: one at 9PM EDT tonight, the other one will be tomorrow at 9AM.
I am guessing only the first one will be with HDR.

Reactions: jgags6
Both 4k channels are gone. They said Aug 5th, and what a surprise, like everything else promised at a certain time, it's either late or never.

They also said that they would not have the opening ceremonies in 4K, or maybe HDR. That is the only thing on today that would be in 4K. Tomorrow is when the repeat is for O C... I think we'll see it tomorrow...

Reactions: THE5RIVERS
Yeah I saw 146 last night and early this morning but now like others it's gone.

Since everything is on a one day delay anyways I believe it'll start again tomorrow (hopefully)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hopefully I was/am really looking forward to it. I just don't have too much faith in Dish unfortunately.

It will be on in the morning...

I dont know why but they have been saying all along that the opening ceremony tonight on DISH.

I watched some on DIRECTV, looked very good, but offered no HDR. When I watched NO COMMERCIALS which was nice, was so annoyed at the regular NBC coverage.

Reactions: THE5RIVERS
It will be on in the morning...

I dont know why but they have been saying all along that the opening ceremony tonight on DISH.

I watched some on DIRECTV, looked very good, but offered no HDR. When I watched NO COMMERCIALS which was nice, was so annoyed at the regular NBC coverage.
Nothing on the guide or VOD this morning.

This is a total mess up from Dish with more erroneous info one after another....poor customer support and lousy technical work!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts