NBC 4K Rio Olympics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
They are still working on the eastern arc programming, The two channel 148's are doing 4k being sent to the TV from the hopper 3, verified it. Dish is still working on 146 looped real 4k and they are also working on VOD 4k assets for the olympic material. Can not wait to see the Rio opener in real 4k video. Dish you are the best!

This is the 1st time I have seen 4K on my 4KTV. My internet speed is too slow to see other Dish 4K programs. As discussed in this forum I cannot see the difference in picture quality on my 60" 4KTV at my normal viewing position using H3. I have to walk to within 2 feet of the screen to see a slight difference. At this time my 4K Joey is connected to a 3D Vizeo The picture quality of the 4K 146 seems better than the other olympic channels.

They are still working on the eastern arc programming, The two channel 148's are doing 4k being sent to the TV from the hopper 3, verified it. Dish is still working on 146 looped real 4k and they are also working on VOD 4k assets for the olympic material. Can not wait to see the Rio opener in real 4k video. Dish you are the best!

So I am not the only one not seeing any 4k content in the VOD section. Judo looks absolutely phenomenal on the big screen but.....it's Judo. :-D

It looks great. There still is a little compression artifacting if you look very close but it really does look near perfect. Still wonky on the guide with the voice remote track-pad which is very annoying.

I think it looks amazing! I wish all channels looked that good!

I don't know if Dish has a different set of programs then DIRECTV but looking at what we get today, Judo 1, the camera shots are just a waste IMHO. They're zoomed out so far it's basically a waste.

4k.png

Looks awesome....glad they got it working finally!

Reactions: THE5RIVERS
I don't know if Dish has a different set of programs then DIRECTV but looking at what we get today, Judo 1, the camera shots are just a waste IMHO. They're zoomed out so far it's basically a waste.

Keep in mind, this is being shot in 8K and is intended for huge screens. You wouldn't want too many close-ups on a huge screen. ;)

Didn't take long to get spoiled after watching the 4K channel on and off this morning. Switched over to the NBC NASCAR coverage and back to the old ordinary overcompressed HD. Back to reality. :(

As much as we were all hoping to see the Opening Ceremony on Dish, that was not promised by Dish. There is no mentioning of the Opening Ceremony in the Press Release.
What was promised was this: "content from swimming, track and field, basketball, the men's soccer final, judo and the Closing Ceremony, as well as Rio scenics"
And August 7 was explicitly mentioned in the PR as the date when the first 4K content becomes available: "One event from the previous day's competition will be provided daily and looped on channel 146 in three-hour intervals from August 7 through August 22, the day after the games conclude." And Judo is the 4K event offered by NBC today.

So, believe it or not, but Dish has delivered this morning exactly as promised! :D

Reactions: charlesrshell
As much as we were all hoping to see the Opening Ceremony on Dish, that was not promised by Dish. There is no mentioning of the Opening Ceremony in the Press Release.
What was promised was this: "content from swimming, track and field, basketball, the men's soccer final, judo and the Closing Ceremony, as well as Rio scenics"
And August 7 was explicitly mentioned in the PR as the date when the first 4K content becomes available: "One event from the previous day's competition will be provided daily and looped on channel 146 in three-hour intervals from August 7 through August 22, the day after the games conclude." And Judo is the 4K event offered by NBC today.

So, believe it or not, but Dish has delivered this morning exactly as promised! :D

Shhhhh don't let facts ruin a good butthurt!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4k channel looks fantastic. Excited to see the next step for high definition content. Although it'll probably take years before it becomes more widespread.

Also, thanks to Japan for broadcasting their coverage in 8k (!) which opened the door for us to get our measly 4k haha.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)