NBC Affiliate in Utah Refuses to Air The Playboy Club

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
KSL, affiliated with CBS until 95 and NBC since, has a long history of objecting to certain network shows, and also of pre-empting network programming to carry LDS events.

The church also owns radio stations in SLC, Phoenix, Seattle, and LA, and used to in Cincy, Chicago, DC, and St. Louis. However it seems to give these a freer hand.

that is after alla pretty consedrvative area in kore ways than one. It may be a wise move to show someging elsea t that time.

But yet again, they are reacting to a keyword. The show hasn't even been produced yet, and I kind of expect it will be the typical soap opera type drama. Bet there will be less skin than Desperate Housewives or Gray's Anatomy, but since the word Playboy is there, everybody will be all a-twitter over it.

My predicition is that this show will die a quick death from Boredom. A ban in Utah may be the best thing that happened to it. NBC should pay the station for banning it.

I am not in favor of the ban i just think it is inevitable. NYPD Blue was "banned" before any episodes aired a swell and it ran for years. Welcome Back Kotter was banned in boston for awhile too b ut also did just fine. It really means nothing.

Our local NBC affiliate was associated with the University of Notre Dame, a Catholic school. They objected to the animated comedy several years ago that featured God or Jesus as a featured character and I never saw an episode. Evidently it wasn't too good as I don't think it ran more than 6-8 weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts