NBC Atlantic City

bills41

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Why did Dish remove this channel from the Philly Locals? Was it because they already had NBC Philly on the channel list?

I don't know first hand, but I am surprised they had more than one of each network at all.

Probably a "must carry" that forgot to file paperwork (It was out of Atlantic City part of Philly DMA)

Why did Dish remove this channel from the Philly Locals? Was it because they already had NBC Philly on the channel list?
According to dishuser.org. WMGM Ch 40 out of Wildwood, NJ is "not available". Ocean County is located within the Philadelphia DMA. The NBC affiliate is WCAU Ch 10.

I was surprised a few years back that Dish and Direct even added NBC 40 at all, considering they already had NBC 10. NBC probably objected to having a non-owned affiliate of its network on the same systems as one of their O&O stations (still remember the fit they had over WNBC and then-Westinghouse owned NBC affiliate KYW 3 being on cable systems together in Central NJ).

Last edited:
According to dishuser.org. WMGM Ch 40 out of Wildwood, NJ is "not available". Ocean County is located within the Philadelphia DMA. The NBC affiliate is WCAU Ch 10.

Actually, Ocean County is considered part of the New York City DMA, despite several cities within the southern part of the county being closer to Philadelphia.

If more than one network affiliate is in a market and they are licensed to different states BOTH can claim must carry
If there are 2 nets in one market they dont have to carry both but in some cases they do (example is WDAZ & WDAY in North Dakota. Both are in the Fargo/GF market...another is the Lincoln Nebraska market...both KLKN & KHGI ABC are carried)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)