NBC Audio Loud

trumanhorn

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Missouri
I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but my NBC primetime programming is extremely loud. I use a 5.1 Dolby Surround system, and I routinely have to turn it way down when watching a program on NBC. Has anyone else noticed this (I have the Kansas City DMA stations--that's KSHB on NBC, and it might be them, but I'm guessing it's the national feed).

No,

It's probably the station feed. Does it do this on the OTA feed, too? If it's the SD feed, then more than likely it could be the difference between PLII and Dolby Digital. PLII always seems louder. We have one station here that is that way, not NBC. I don't think E* alters audio.

S~

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but my NBC primetime programming is extremely loud. I use a 5.1 Dolby Surround system, and I routinely have to turn it way down when watching a program on NBC. Has anyone else noticed this (I have the Kansas City DMA stations--that's KSHB on NBC, and it might be them, but I'm guessing it's the national feed).

If all you have to complain about is loudness with NBC, consider yourself lucky. My local affiliate (KARE) has rediculous audio lag, too much bass and a lot of times you get 5-channel stereo rather than true 5.1.

That being said, my guess is your complaint is with your local affiliate rather than Dish.

I get ATL WXIA NBC station HD-OTA and via Dish and both are much louder than any other station, don't think it is a Dish thing.

You can write to dishquality and discuss with them about turning the volume down. I have done it in the past with the head engineer at dish on the phone. He turned down the volume of several of my locals that were too loud, while I was on the phone with him. So it can be done. Use the email address and give them details about what you are hearing.

dishquality@echostar.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)