NBC Cancels Outlaw

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
This is too bad, its one of the new fall shows I actually liked watching.

Things were just getting interesting with him turning into a gambling adict and his assistant playfully teasing her male co worker...

I think it was a bad move putting this on the Friday night timeslot though. We never watched it live only back on the DVR.

I really liked this show, it had some interesting dynamics between characters and some long range topics that could have made it interesting. Jimmy Smits is always enjoyable to watch.

It sounded to me like a failure waiting to happen when I first heard about the series in January, when it was still going by the name "Rough Justice".

It was probably the most ridiculous idea fora network show since Hogan's Heroes and I think that stopped many from even trying it out.

It was probably the most ridiculous idea fora network show since Hogan's Heroes ...

Right, a ridiculous idea derived from Academy Award winning (William Holden) "Stalag 17", which lasted 6 seasons. "Geronimo, you boTHer me";)

KAB the setting f a POW camp was the same between Stalag 17 and Hogan's Heroes but the part about the prisoners running a spy network out of the camp and making the whole thing a sitcom instead of a drama are little details that were unique to Hogan's Heroes and part of what made it more than a little implausible.

BTW i actually like Hogan's Heroes but an implausible or ridiculous idea fora sitcom is one thing. Doing the same thing with a drama is another.

Last edited:
KAB the setting f a POW camp was the same between Stalag 17 and Hogan's Heroes but the part about the prisoners running a spy network out of the camp and making the whole thing a sitcom instead of a drama are little details that were unique to Hogan's Heroes and part of what made it more than a little implausible.

BTW i actually like Hogan's Heroes but an implausible or ridiculous idea fora sitcom is one thing. Doing the same thing with a drama is another.
I would hardy call HH a sitcom. There have been many more implausible shows besides Outlaw and HH over the years. Arnold Ziffle ring a bell? Cousin It? Man From Uncle? The Six Million Dollar (name your gender)? TV is generally implausible...even the reality shows. It just has to be smart about it...which Outlaw was not.

You don't call Hogan's Heroes a sitcom? What did you think it was a documentary?

I am not sure what you are trying to prove with that link either KAB and i frankly don't want to put the other readers of the forum through anymore of this---whatever it is..

I have always enjoyed your posts and respected you but I see no point in arguisng over this.

I am not sure what you are trying to prove with that link either KAB and i frankly don't want to put the other readers of the forum through anymore of this---whatever it is..

I have always enjoyed your posts and respected you but I see no point in arguisng over this.

I'm trying to say that not all 1/2 hour comedy shows are, or never have been "sit com"s which is a nomenclature that started in the late 60's. I consider sit-coms to be live audience, three camera productions that take place on one or limited sets, IE, Cosby Show, Three...men, Lucy, All in the Family....etc. HH and even better MASH (sans laugh track) was a single camera comedy, shot on multiple sets/locations. I used to be in the film (tv commercials) business, so I might have a biased opinion, but that's what I have. HH was NOT a sit-com. OK, I'm done.:D

KAB said:
I'm trying to say that not all 1/2 hour comedy shows are, or never have been "sit com"s which is a nomenclature that started in the late 60's. I consider sit-coms to be live audience, three camera productions that take place on one or limited sets, IE, Cosby Show, Three...men, Lucy, All in the Family....etc. HH and even better MASH (sans laugh track) was a single camera comedy, shot on multiple sets/locations. I used to be in the film (tv commercials) business, so I might have a biased opinion, but that's what I have. HH was NOT a sit-com. OK, I'm done.:D

Hmm. Based on that big bang theory isn't a sitcom. But I'd struggle to put it in any other category.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)