NBC May Cut 33% of Primetime Programming to Save Money

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Those are all on OTA
So, since the majority of Satellite/Cable subs get Locals instead of a antenna, they are still paying for them.( Broadcast Channels fee anywhere from $10 to $21 a month added to the bill.)

But if you pay for the Streaming Services, you get the content that is on NBC plus exclusive content.

Using Peacock as a example, all Pay 1 new Universal Movies ( they used to be on HBO), premiering soon, Jurassic World 3 and Nope for example, all the exclusive series and there are sporting events exclusive to Peacock.

It's really not that hard, if they got rid of the stupid meme/game/reality show fillers/copouts.

• I can see your voice
  • The Voice
  • Dancing with the Stars
  • Ninga Warrior
  • Bachelor
  • Bachelor
  • Weakest Link
  • Americas Got Talent
  • Wheel of Fortune
And those were just off the top of my head. Take that crap out and concentrate on real scripted programming with real actors and even two hours of quality TV still nails it!

Not me but plenty of people watch that crap.

It's really not that hard, if they got rid of the stupid meme/game/reality show fillers/copouts.

• I can see your voice
  • The Voice
  • Dancing with the Stars
  • Ninga Warrior
  • Bachelor
  • Bachelor
  • Weakest Link
  • Americas Got Talent
  • Wheel of Fortune
And those were just off the top of my head. Take that crap out and concentrate on real scripted programming with real actors and even two hours of quality TV still nails it!
Except that programming is cheap to make and popular enough to justify making it. Which is why 'reality' and 'game show' programming is hot these days with the Networks. So glad Dish allows me to not pay for this OTA stuff.
Peacock sports currently consists of simulcasts of what is on NBC, AKA paying twice for the same thing, and a few odd ball things like Sunday MORNING baseball. Along with what are clearly second rate, or third or fourth rate deals like Indy Car, which gets an OTA rating for not the Indy 500 race well below 1.
I wouldn't say second to fourth rate. I'd say not highly viewed.

2nd to 4th tier would be some of the filler on ESPN+, USL II, East Western NC State Barber College v Some Shack on a River State volleyball game, the NHL :D.
The important thing to remember is that the next cent Peacock makes with be Cent One. It is easy for NBC to toss up with is already paid for by NBC viewer on Peacock. Much different discussion when they need Peacock subscriptions to pay the freight. How many people are going to subscribe to it to get these obscure sports.
ME ME ME!!! :D EPL (top soccer in the world), Indycar (full coverage), Tour de France (commercial free coverage), Alpine Sports as a bonus, along with anything related to Bayley.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts