NBC-HD: Father of the Pride : Larry's Debut, and Sweet Darryl Hannah Too @ 9pm EST

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
It's animated, may be good for the whole family, didn't see it posted but it's about to start on NBC.

Just got done watching it - definitely NOT for the whole family. Make sure the little ones are in bed. A lot of sexual inuendo.

Not a bad show. If I HAD A DVR, I'd probably record it - as it is, this might be the only one I make a point to watch.

Yeah when the show came on the announcer said it was an "adult animation" good thing I send them to bed at 9pm.. kind of humerous, didn't strike me like other shows have like Everybody Loves Raymond, no Dolby Digital 5.1, but computer graphics turn out nice on HD it seems.

Our NBC totally sucks. They didn't throw the HD switch until about 30 seconds into the show (I was recording it), then about 10 minutes in, the screen goes blank for about a minute and they kick in the 4:3 feed.

I liked the show though, I thought it was very fun. Since it was about Pandas, I was recording to show my daughter, but as mentioned above, this is an Adult rated program, not for 8 year olds.

For those of you with HDNET, do you watch Andy Richter? That show is hillarious, I bust a gut everytime I watch it. Andy was the voice of the Male Panda last night.

DarrellP said:
For those of you with HDNET, do you watch Andy Richter? That show is hillarious, I bust a gut everytime I watch it. Andy was the voice of the Male Panda last night.
Andy Richter is our favorite show on HDNET for the wife and I. Always very funny. I can't believe FOX didn't renew the series. Fortunately we have an HD recorder (6208) from the cable co so we don't miss it.

2 more reasons why we're not totally with Voom: HDNET and HD recorder. But hopefully that will change someday :) .

I DVRed the show only to erase the recording after watching about half of it. I can see a replacement show coming by December if they do not do better.