NBC-HD in S.F. Bay Area

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SteveinDanville

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 1, 2003
I'm sitting here watching the U.S. Open on ESPN-HD for 3 hours and the picture is really, really good. At noon the coverage switches to NBC, so I go to KNTV-11-HD, and the HD SUCKS!!! I can't believe the motion artifacts and lack of focus; any movement and everything just goes totally blurred! I guess this is an uplink issue with KNTV, but Good God, this is Standard Def!!!

PLUS, the sound, even though it says Dolby Digital 5.1 on my Yamaha receiver, acts much more like a 5-channel stereo effect, with a crazy reverb. It's just horrible.

The HD local channels in the SF Bay Area are terrible. I tried to watch KTVU and KGO the other night and couldn't. One had no video and the other one was unwatchable. I don't watch NBC that much but I've also heard many complaints.

Comparing the KNTV-DT feed here on Comcast and with Dish 622 and they both look about the same, Comcast maybe just a bit better. PQ not terrible but not that good either. I haven't seen any artifacts. Looks like 480p at best.

RandallA said:
The HD local channels in the SF Bay Area are terrible. I tried to watch KTVU and KGO the other night and couldn't. One had no video and the other one was unwatchable. I don't watch NBC that much but I've also heard many complaints.

Sorry RandallA :) , but you should have said that "the Dish Network HD local channels in the SF Bay Area are terrible." I am one of the lucky ones that gets all the OTA SF Bay Area locals via an antenna on my roof and they all look great here. I have no idea why the Dish versions look so bad...and I don't subscribe to the HD locals (still using my trusty 942) so I can't compare.

Yeap, you're absolutely right. :D I do have an OTA antenna but have it disconnected for some work I'm doing in the living room. I will connect it back this weekend since we all know the Dish Network HD locals are unwatchable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)