NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt Shows as not New

dweber

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 29, 2005
Plain City, OH
NBC Nightly News failed to record tonight. I looked at the Schedule and it was not scheduled to record. In fact it is not scheduled to record most of next week. The problem is that the Guide does not show it as NEW even though the end of the Guide description says new. Another example of bad metadata in the Guide.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Delete the timer and create a new one. That usually fixes these problems when they happen. Like dweber said it seems to be something in the metadata that changes.

Got it by scheduling Saturday show for WEEKLY.
Then scheduling Monday’s show for MON-FRI

Two timers for now. I’ll redo whenever they get the guide fixed.

Anyone with an idea when that happens? Nightly? Within a week? Whenever?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
They had a local special Christmas show this evening. So maybe NBC had a transmission problem to some of their stations because this many people having different shows on isn't a coincidence.

NBC Nightly News failed to record tonight.

I've been seeing and commenting on this for years. The show did air, but was NOT recorded because the "excuse" was that "the program is no longer available". This happens when the style of the Header, Wording in the Header, the text or style in the body or the picture in the listing is changed. I show that it recorded 12/12, but not the 13th, because the listing doesn't match the one that the timer was made from. My original timer is from 2015 on my H2 that was transferred to an H3 that was replaced, then the timer was transferred to the current H3. If you look at what machine that is or had recorded it, the Receiver ID of the H2 that the original timer was created on is listed as the machine that is the source recorded on instead of the STB name of the last H3. The recording"s" that did not record DID have "NEW" in the description in the listing. But not the big alone Red "New" and the format of the listing was different. I searched the schedule and saw that all next week the listing was changed and the time of the "skipped" programs was even showing wrong. Although the program is there to be recorded, they won't be because they have a different style listing. But all the episodes that do not record are all written the same, but not the same as the one the timer was created on. So I created a timer, #2, for the secondary styled listing and the schedule corrected itself and they are all set to record and at the correct times. I have taken thousands of pictures of the listings over the years to prove the point to DISH. But when I started getting rebutted in the forums, they came in handy. Part of my "day job" is making sure things such as this are exact over the course of time. And that can be years . . .

I have two, three timers set for certain programs due to this constantly occurring situation with how the timers follow the listing that they were created from verbatim and when the listing is changed, WHICH they change in the same two or three different ways always consistently though.

This whole thing is the timer not matching the listing that does not match the way the listing was when the timer was created. BUT the lack of the "NEW" does matter because it's part of the style of the listing. That's why I have mine, for that program, set for "Daily" since it's on almost everyday. That dealt with the "lack" of the "NEW" descriptor in the listing. So does M-F. It makes sense to a point, but there is no margin for "change" (error). This is where consistency in the Guide is key! That does not happen nor has happened for years with the DISH Guide.

Oh and don't delete the one timer, because when the listing changes to that format, it won't record. So you'll need a couple timers. I had 4, whittled them down to one using the "Daily" to circumvent the "NEW" issue. Now had to add another due to what you just discovered. Now I'm covered for the time being . . .

Reactions: les.warden
I had the same problem with NBC nightly news that everyone else had. I noticed that the next time the original timer was set to record was 12-20-2019. I assumed the guide data was wrong, so I tried to create a second timer for the missing events, but I got a timer creation error. I ended up just selecting each show to record individually until 12-20-2019. Oh well, this had happened before, and this won't be the last time that this happens.

Yesterday, the guide data was corrected, and I ended up with two timers set for NBC nightly news, for every day until 12-20-2019. I had to delete all of the one-time timers that I had set the day before.

Reactions: dweber
Like other times this looks like something that only happens to NBC channels. I just checked and what I did the other day that should have fixed it, for now is gone or as of today I had programming that was more than covered, not record and the timers I created to take care of this gone. A couple of the timers were duplicated. The indicators that told me what was what, were the creation dates and I had to make "new" timers for ones that were there, but are now gone. They show that they will be covering the next week only. So we'll see...

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts