Dish Debuts AirTV 2 OTA-Over-WiFi Device

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Looks like this may solve my issue about integrating an OTA with my Hopper 3. Looks like you can connect either wirelessly or wired?

While I like the idea, I have SO many questions...

1) Does it just send the raw OTA signal out via wifi, or it's actually a tuner?
2) If only a tuner, how many tuners? Can I watch four different programs on four different TVs?
3) Does it require a special app to receive it's signal? That's easy for mobile devices, but maybe not TVs.

Since Sling TV (the live TV streaming service) by and large doesn't carry local channels to keep costs low, this model of the AirTV is a device to stream OTA channels from an antenna over wifi to the Sling TV app where the OTA channels are integrated into the Sling TV guide on supported devices like Rokus and Fire Sticks. You can also add an EHD to DVR OTA channels and the recordings show up in the Sling TV app alongside your Cloud DVR recordings. Only a dual tuner though and not compatible at all with a Hopper. You can also use the AirTV 2 and the Sling TV app without a Sling TV subscription with no fees for guide data (for now).

You can also use the AirTV 2 and the Sling TV app without a Sling TV subscription with no fees for guide data (for now).
That "for now" part is the catch..They will push this and after a year from now you will see a fee to keep the service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)