NBC related questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My Nbc 1 meter ch. master peak

Yes, that 2 dBw would make quite a difference. I never realized that, being so close to NS. I'm using an AZbox Mini-me. I would say that generally, it reports lower Q values than most of my other receivers. Of course, I can only test the differences on Mpeg2 Dvbs signals.

Catamount

Today I finally moved my channel master (Norsat pll dro .6db) to Amc 1. I used my first strike meter. Found a nbc news channel transponder since my meter does not find
DVB S2. Locked my dish to 13.1 dbumv & and a s/n of 11.2 db. Using Pansat 9500HDX unit and checked Nbc mountain sig. intensity of 98 and sig. quality of 92-94.

Peaked dish using frequency of 12066 H S/R of 4.232 m/b. Dish size is 1 meter. There are some horizontal news channel transponders which are much lower in the 70-75 range. Bear in mind this bird has an output power of 60 watts. When is SES 3 going to be parked there. Funny thing is I did not have to mover my lnb that much due to the odd skew polarity.

SES 3 is there and has been parked for a very long time. They just haven't fired it up permanently yet. It appears it's going to be nothing but a hot spare from what I can tell. I hope I'm wrong, and it gets swapped in soon. OR, I hope the old sat goes bad, so they have to swap it.

NBC West/Mountain tend to be strong. Snowing here in Moncton, they show 76Q. Not a peep from Cozi or NBC East/Central today.

Catamount, one metre dish

That is exactly the situation here. West/Mountain is always the stronger, while East/Central is on the borderline. 90CM dish in New Orleans...

Is NBC still active here at AMC 1? I had to reset things, and can't find NBC, nor the Huntington Beach webcams? I have to ask, because I know there's been a new satellite deployed to take over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)