NBC Showcase Issues with 5xx DVRs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mallu2u

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
NBC Showcase Issues with 510 DVRs

Thought u guys might be interested in this, in case u have a 510 DVR and did not why it was not working perfectly with the showcase:

You can see the showcase on 510 receivers but not take advantage of all the benefits...like one can on 301. When u switch b/t channels in the showcase, the audio will NOT change. This is a known issue with 510 and was acknowledged by advanced tech support when I called them yesterday. Works perfectly with 301 receiver of mine. They said they wont even fix it since its not worth it as NBC showcase is not a long term thing...
Also, the channel 100 interactive Tv plays songs/music in the background for 301 and no such thing for 510...told them THAT is permanent and should be fixed..they told me that they are expecting a software fix end of this month which might fix that issue....

huh?

I have a 508 and it works fine. When I select one of the channels in the showcase, it flips to that channel (129, 209, etc)...audio changes and everything

There is no audio on my 508 when I select channel 100

Ok...wrong info was given to me abt other 5xx series..shall update it to 510 only then.
Just did that...did not want to send wrong info to others if u already have a working 508...minus music

My 501 does not switch audio feeds when I move the yellow box between the stations. After I hit the select button, both the audio and video come up fine as expected, but when all six channels are on the screen I can only get the audio from the highlights channel.

I've pretty much stopped using the showcase, though, since the PVR buttons don't work even when a channel is in full screen mode if I went there through the 6-channel screen.

No PVR capability in Showcase

DaveP said:
I've pretty much stopped using the showcase, though, since the PVR buttons don't work even when a channel is in full screen mode if I went there through the 6-channel screen.

That is my biggest beef with the Showcase on my 522. When you are in full screen mode all of the PVR buttons are disabled (i.e. no instant replay, rewind, fast forward) which pretty much is the stuff I want to do while watching an event. So I have pretty much quit using it as well, just stick to normal channels.

--Dudleydog73

"5xx" includes the 522 as well as the 50x/510 series, so be careful how you say it. My 522's sound works properly on the 6-in-1 channel; the biggest sound annoyance there is when you go to full-screen, the sound temporarily jumps to Telemundo for a second or two. BTW, the 522 doesn't have sound on the Dish Home menu either.

I set up an Olympics favorites list too (during the 2 days that 522's didn't have the 6-in-1 channel); that proved more useful to me than the 6-in-1 channel, especially since a favorites list can include the local NBC affiliate--not to mention DVR recording.

RBBrittain said:
"5xx" includes the 522 as well as the 50x/510 series, so be careful how you say it. My 522's sound works properly on the 6-in-1 channel; the biggest sound annoyance there is when you go to full-screen, the sound temporarily jumps to Telemundo for a second or two. BTW, the 522 doesn't have sound on the Dish Home menu either.

I set up an Olympics favorites list too (during the 2 days that 522's didn't have the 6-in-1 channel); that proved more useful to me than the 6-in-1 channel, especially since a favorites list can include the local NBC affiliate--not to mention DVR recording.

Well, I said 5xx since I spoke to Dish Network and they told me so. Right after posting I was informed the 508 also works and therefore I corrected the post to reflect 510 right away...but one cannot change the title and therefore u shall see 5xx....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)