NBC Sports in Flex Pack?

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
My parents have the Flex Pack. They mostly watch the local channels and basic channels like TBS, USA, and TV Land so this works well for them. I add the National Action Pack for them for football in the fall and the Regional Action Pack for them for MLB in the summer. This saves them a decent amount of money over AT120.

This morning my mom called me asking what channel the Olympics were on because she wasn’t able to find it. It looks like a lot of the coverage is on NBC Sports Network which they don’t have. I told her I would log on to their account and add the channel for them. The only problem is I can’t seem to find NBC Sports Network in any of the add on packs for Flex. Is there really no way to get NBC Sports in the Flex Pack?

Unfortunately it looks like bumping up to AT120 would be a $28 increase on their monthly bill and they would really only be doing it for one channel.

Is there really no way to get NBC Sports in the Flex Pack?

Unfortunately it looks like bumping up to AT120 would be a $28 increase on their monthly bill and they would really only be doing it for one channel.

No joy for Flex. Going to 120 is their only option. If they are in a 2 year guarantee period with autopay credit, switching to 120, then back MAY put them at the going rate...but that I am not certain. That question should be asked of Dish if they would change.

No joy for Flex. Going to 120 is their only option. If they are in a 2 year guarantee period with autopay credit, switching to 120, then back MAY put them at the going rate...but that I am not certain. That question should be asked of Dish if they would change.

They do have auto pay but I don’t think they are in any price lock period. The last time they signed a new contract was when the first hopper came out and they haven’t changed any hardware or signed any new agreements since then.

It looks like they pay $34.99 for Flex and $12 for locals. That puts them at $46.99 plus equipment fees. I logged into their account and it looks like AT120 with locals would cost them $74.99 plus equipment fees. That’s where I was getting the $28 increase from.

It doesn’t look like they will be making the change. My mom will just have to stick to NBC’s primetime Olympic coverage.

Reactions: KAB
There is some coverage on USA which is included in Flex and CNBC or MSNBC which is in the News add-on. If they are somewhat Internet savvy, you could look at setting them up with Sling, Fubo or another service either under a free trial period or just a 1 month then cancel it.

I wonder if it would have been worth it for Dish to put together some type of Olympics Flex add-on for 1 month with all channels and extra content.

Reactions: pattykay
There is some coverage on USA which is included in Flex and CNBC or MSNBC which is in the News add-on. If they are somewhat Internet savvy, you could look at setting them up with Sling, Fubo or another service either under a free trial period or just a 1 month then cancel it.

I wonder if it would have been worth it for Dish to put together some type of Olympics Flex add-on for 1 month with all channels and extra content.

This would work for me but it won’t for them. The whole reason they have Dish Flex Pack at around $80 after equipment fees and taxes instead of something like YoutubeTV for $35 is because they know how the hopper works and they are comfortable with it.

This is the one think I do not like about the flex pack as about a third of the NASCAR season is on NBCSports. I am not going back to 120 and paying about $30 a month more.

They do have auto pay but I don’t think they are in any price lock period. The last time they signed a new contract was when the first hopper came out and they haven’t changed any hardware or signed any new agreements since then.

It looks like they pay $34.99 for Flex and $12 for locals. That puts them at $46.99 plus equipment fees. I logged into their account and it looks like AT120 with locals would cost them $74.99 plus equipment fees. That’s where I was getting the $28 increase from.

It doesn’t look like they will be making the change. My mom will just have to stick to NBC’s primetime Olympic coverage.
You should definitely look into getting them the $5 per month autopay discount. The discount lasts for two years, and it does not require a contract. (Or at least no contract was required when I signed up for the autopay discount in 2016. I did the two-year contract shortly after that anyway, just to get the price-lock, which turned out to be useless since the price of Flex Pack (without locals or other Channel Packs) did not have an increase during that time anyway. The price-lock includes a bundle with the first Channel Pack, though, so if your parents had signed up for the price-lock before the price increase on locals, they would still be paying $10 instead of $12.)

Reactions: king3pj

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts