NBC to Reboot "Murder She Wrote" - On Hold

How about another doctor series that combines something new with something old? :)

He's a small town proctologist who works in hamlet called Hooterville and he has a bunch of back woods yokels, all over 50, who are in bad need of a prostate check. Each week a different hillbilly shows up at his office with something weird "accidentally" stuck up their rear ends and hilarity ensues .

It's called :

BOTTOM'S UP

Coming soon on NBC!!!:D

I can watch that opening Mon - Friday on Metv on my antenna. In fact it feels like a time warp back to my childhood and teenage years. All the shows I grew up with are on Metv. I wish that DISH would consider bringing it to their service so all could watch it , even in areas that don't have it ota in their area.

I agree, the show worked because of her.

Anyway, we already have a Mystery She Wrote remake, it's called "Castle".
Just using the idea and saying it's a remake won't make it work or not, it's got to have a good lead, that's why some remakes work, and most fail miserably.

Exactly what I was thinking!

I think it is clear that this show (if it ever makes it to the air) will have only a passing resemblance to the original. I was never thrilled with the old show----een at my advanced age I was not in the target demographic----but I may give this a try just to see what it is like.

I have never known anyone to have been murdered... This gal will find one every week... I would never invite her over to my house...

NBC could certainly attempt that, how about other shows to reboot, Leave it to Beaver....or leave the beaver alone and just to the extra mile and reboot Ozzie and Harriet just to make sure no one watches :rolleyes:

IIRC, Leave it to Beaver was rebooted in the early 90s.. didnt last long. Same for the munsters and adams family

Why not bring back The Brady Bunch while they are at it. Gilligan's island could be rebooted too! While they are at it they could do a reboot about a crazy Red head and her Cuban band leader husband who works at the Copa club in New York........ :rolleyes:

N. Nightly
B. Broadcasting
C. CRAP

I see there were plans about CBS rebooting The Brady Bunch, but was it ever done ?

CBS developing "Brady Bunch" reboot with Vince Vaughn

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-brady-bunch-reboot-vince-vaughn-development-356419

In that article they say they are also rebooting "The Munsters"

In that article they say they are also rebooting "The Munsters"
Didn't they try that last year? Failed miserably.

edit: oh wait, old article. Yeah, they did, it was called "Mockingbird Lane", and it was beyond bad (the pilot is/was available on Hulu).

mockingbirdlane20129123.png

Last edited:
Didn't they try that last year? Failed miserably.

edit: oh wait, old article. Yeah, they did, it was called "Mockingbird Lane", and it was beyond bad (the pilot is/was available on Hulu).

View attachment 92304

That was the second attempt ata reboot and it never went past the pilot. The first was back in the 80s called, I think "the New Munsters" or "The Munsters Today". both were pretty bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts